The Resource Development Director works with the CEO and Board of Directors to plan and execute resource development strategies. To generate fundraising income through campaigns targeting foundations, corporations, civic groups and individual donors within the community. Provide writing support for foundation and corporate grant requests and acknowledgment of donor gifts.
- Active participation in the development and implementation of a resource development plan with the Chief Executive Officer and senior management staff.
- Develops, implements and manages an annual campaign for unrestricted gifts from individuals.
- Develop, maintain and increase the donor database to promote major cultivation and solicitation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications between Board of Directors, volunteers and staff members.
- Develop and supervise donor recognition and stewardship strategies and events along with coordinate appeal letters and thank you letters.
- Prepare collateral materials for the public.
- Supervise all fundraising events.
- Manage administrative and operational systems to track fundraising income, compile income status reports and variance reports.
- Work with Audit and Finance in recording and identifying donations.
- Create updates to present at the Board of Directors meetings.
- Be involved in community outreach (Rotary or Kiwanis for example).
- Be active in selling tax credits.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer). Maintain contact with Board of Directors, through CEO and specifically volunteers associated with fundraising events and fundraising committees.
External: Maintain potential and current donors, corporate and businesses partners and community groups.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Three to five plus years of resource development experience in areas of donor relations, gift solicitations and preferably campaign management.
- Ability to raise money and meeting agreed upon financial targets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and control fundraising expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Budgeting and computer skills, including knowledge of database operations and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to fundraising issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision—self-motivated and confident.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Linda Sanchez, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com