Hoyleton Youth and Family Services
For over 100 years, Hoyleton has been creating a better world for the children and families it serves. With over 20 programs offered throughout Southern Illinois, Hoyleton is one of the state’s most respected youth and family serving agencies. A job at Hoyleton promises personal and professional fulfillment knowing that you’re making a significant difference in the lives of others; a competitive salary, flexible schedules and comprehensive benefits package; plus, continuous professional development training including CARE, a unique model Hoyleton uses in partnership with Cornell University. At Hoyleton, everyone’s job description includes changing lives.
This is a senior level, full-time position located in our Fairview Heights, IL administrative offices. This position reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer and will have direct responsibility for fundraising as well as managing a development team with three additional full time members, including an Annual Giving/Database Manager; Volunteer and Events Coordinator and Grant Writer. The Director of Philanthropy will be responsible to oversee and provide strategy and direction for every aspect of the organization’s fund development activity, including major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation grants, annual giving and fundraising special events.
- Develops the overall fund development strategy and plan that raises the visibility of Hoyleton with all constituencies and promotes a positive image of the agency and the services it provides;
- Develops a major gift program for the agency: works with the Executive Director to assign responsibility for cultivation and solicitation of donors; prepares strategy and materials to support these activities; develops and implements moves management program for major gift prospects and donors and personally manages a portfolio of major donors
- Serves as key development liaison to the Board of Directors and the Development Committee, providing direction and support for individual board members’ fundraising activities;
- Initiates and manages a Planned Giving Program: develops marketing strategy for program including but not limited to identifying and prioritizing prospects; consults with or refers prospects to planned giving expert;
- Oversee data management and reporting;
- Develops annual development budgets, tracks financial performance, prepares the necessary interim financial reports and fundraising projections, and oversees department expenditures.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures related to development and fundraising;
- Collaborates with other key departments at Hoyleton (programs, communications) as appropriate;
- Participates in Community Outreach initiatives, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Marketing, or Strategic Communications required; MBA or MA in nonprofit management desired;
- Five to eight years of nonprofit fund development experience required;
Skills and Abilities
- Must have an understanding of and capacity to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Excellent proficiency with the use of Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with HeyOrca desired;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Comfortable in team-first environment; encourages others
- Organized and can manage multiple projects at once;
- DCFS/CANTS Clearance
Please apply online at https://hoyleton.applicantpro.com/jobs/950623.html