Saint Louis Science Center
This position will manage the Science Center’s efforts to secure significant levels of annual funding from foundations, corporations, and government agencies, including grants and sponsorships for exhibitions; educational and public programs; fundraising events; and diversity, equity, access initiatives, and inclusion. This position will be responsible for researching and identifying potential funders; compiling information from a variety of internal and external resources; writing and submitting LOIs, proposals, and grants; the collection of all pertinent financial information and data for reporting purposes; managing ongoing grant requirements and reports; circulating application materials for review; crediting donors in published materials; reporting on fundraising progress; and managing other duties and projects as needed. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining excellent relationships with prospective donors and for stewarding current funders. This position requires working effectively with multiple departments within the institution to prepare accurate and compelling proposals and appropriately recognize donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research funding opportunities from a variety of sources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate, foundation, and government funding communities.
- Regularly meet with staff to determine appropriate projects for funding and inform staff of funding opportunities and guidelines.
- Develop and implement annual plan and revenue goals to secure grant support.
- Manage ongoing calendar of grant and report deadlines, prepare status reports for management team members, and adhere to an internal review schedule that involves staff at all levels of the institution.
- Write, edit, and submit foundation and corporate proposals; manage communication with funding sources; and prepare and submit follow-up reports.
- Manage and monitor internal grant-funded projects, including multi-year projects.
- Draft proposals to state and federal agencies.
- Compile proposal budgets and income projections with the Finance department and program administrators.
- Update electronic records in donor database and maintain paper archive of grant files.
- Works collaborative with staff writers with potential to supervise, train and evaluate grants writer in the future.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- Must have at least three years of grant writing and management experience, as well as demonstrated track record of achieving defined revenue goals and of securing five and six-figure gifts.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills required.
- Must have an ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and grant management portals such as CyberGrants, Fluxx, and SAM.gov. Knowledge of Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database preferred.
- A relevant writing sample (such as grant proposal) will be requested.
Click here to submit a cover letter, resume, and application.