Springboard to Learning
Department: Marketing and Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
ABOUT SPRINGBOARD TO LEARNING
Springboard to Learning believes that meaningful, memorable learning experiences transform a child’s worldview. It’s this belief that drives our mission to develop children’s abilities to think, create, collaborate and communicate. We envision a day where all children are passionate, engaged learners who experience success. For over fifty years, Springboard to Learning has been the largest area provider of arts-integrated, authentic educational programs supporting literacy and teacher professional development, delivered through residencies, workshops and performances.
The Marketing/Development Manager is responsible for increasing public awareness of the organization in the community by implementing a consistent message and brand and providing assistance to the Development team, supporting database and donor management. The Marketing/Development Manager works with staff in the program and fundraising areas of the organization.
Marketing/ Development Manager Essential Functions
- Writes and designs, coordinating with printers and handling distribution of all publications, including the catalog of programs, annual report, newsletters, and other e-updates, statement pieces, remittance envelopes, educational and promotional event announcements, organization fact sheets, brochures and invitations. Also, coordinates printing and design for office supplies including letterhead, business cards, envelopes, and mailing labels.
- Writes content, manages and updates website, including attachments and photos, to reflect current activities of the organization. Manages online search engine.
- Manages all social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube etc.
- Creates and sends public relations materials, including press releases to existing and potential constituents.
- Manages the marketing for special projects including the annual gala and other program culminating events.
- Designs and produces ads and event flyers for both program and fundraising events.
- Is the staff liaison to the Marketing Committee; creates agenda and meeting focus
- Ensures brand consistency for Springboard to Learning.
- Maintains print material and photo archive.
- Manages the donor and event management software databases.
- Manages donor correspondence related to donor gifts including but not limited to acknowledgment letters for philanthropic funds received.
- Assists with the writing and editing of grants and grant reports.
- Recruits and supervises marketing interns, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Word Press based websites and web design
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of graphic standards and logos
- High attention to detail
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Position Type: This is a full time position. It qualifies for all Springboard benefit packages. It requires a minimum 40-hour work week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send the following information via email to email@example.com:
(1) A cover letter.
(2) A resume, outlining your educational qualifications and professional experiences.
(3) Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional and three personal references.