Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society
The International Business Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the CEO. BGS is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The ideal candidate will know how to facilitate the productivity and efficiency for the CEO by managing the Administration department. The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for the administrative work for the Business Development department.
Beyond having excellent administrative skills, an ideal candidate would excel not only at executing specific tasks, but creative problem solving to finding optimal solutions that support the CEO’s responsibilities.
The successful candidate for this position will:
· Be accountable for the operations of the administrative function of Beta Gamma Sigma and the BGS Board of Governors (includes members from academic, nonprofit, and business sectors around the world).
· Manage a variety of high-level, confidential, and sensitive activities on behalf of the CEO.
· Have the ability to contribute at a strategic level on a variety of projects that include BGS students, alumni, board members, staff, sponsors, vendors and other stakeholders.
· Work closely with the CEO on multiple day-to-day aspects of the business, strategic planning, leadership team coordination, fundraising administration, and cross-functional initiatives.
· Be held to the highest level of ethical confidentiality with a strong moral compass.
· Partner with the leadership team to align actions and follow-up based on the strategic plan.
· Own and execute ad hoc projects and initiatives, from planning and program management to measuring results and recommending next steps.
· Conduct key research and analysis on projects that may range from new talent market analysis to the viability of new member initiatives.
· Accountable for administrative tasks such as international and domestic travel plans, expense reports, research, report preparation, and maintaining organizational records.
· Establish and maintain an administrative process for contacting and follow up with sponsors, affiliate partners, and donors.
· Provide excellent level of service to members, chapter advisors, deans, and other stakeholders.
· Additional duties as assigned by the CEO.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office required. No exceptions.
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Experience working in/with nonprofit organizations.
· Minimum of 5 years of successful, progressively responsible experience managing the administrative functions for a senior executive in a nonprofit organization or a business.
· Experience working with board members.
· Meeting planning experience for events that range from small training meetings to large global conferences.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to anticipate challenges/needs and act accordingly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly convey concepts and procedures and to build effective working relationships.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task while meeting important deadlines.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in sensitive, complex, and/or controversial situations.
- Strong writing skills; experience in drafting agendas, correspondence, presentations, meeting minutes, reports, and other documents.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and on collaborative teams.
- BGS offers an excellent benefits package. Relocation benefits, however, are not available for this position.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No walk-ins or phone calls to the BGS office.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Beta Gamma Sigma is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.