Human Support Services, a community mental health agency in Waterloo, IL, is seeking to add a full-time Development Director to our premier team.
The Director of Development is a senior level management position that will directly report to the Executive Director and will have the responsibility for the overall fund development for the agency, which includes providing strategy and direction to every aspect of the organization’s fundraising activity including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, grant writing and special events.
- Assist the Executive Director with the development of the overall fund development strategy and plan
- Develop a major gift program for the agency.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to solicit new donors as well as cultivate current donors.
- Serve as a support to the Development Committee of the Board, and other board members, in their individual and group fundraising activities.
- Initiate and manage a Planned Giving Program, including developing a marketing strategy for the program.
- Oversee data management and reporting for all fundraising efforts.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures related to fundraising and development for the agency.
- Coordinate all special events for the agency, with the largest being the annual Shine Your Light Gala.
- Develop a strategy for including more special events that will enhance the agency’s presence in the community while bringing in additional fundraising dollars.
- Seek new grants in agency’s core areas and complete grant applications in collaboration with other members of the Leadership Team.
- Meet with the Executive Director once a month for supervision and planning meetings. Attend weekly leadership meeting and other meetings as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and managerial staff as needed on all marketing and development projects, special events and community stakeholder relationships.
- Prepare reports for the Leadership Team and the Development Committee of the Board by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, & establishing personal networks.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The Director of Development must have excellent communication skills, be able to use technology to complete record-keeping tasks, and work independently and as part of a team. This person must have the ability to problem solve and deal with ambiguity. Use excellent organization skills to multi task. Excellent writing and presentation skills, must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as have the ability to manage multiple projects at once. Maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Development/Marketing
- Must be able to share demonstrated skill in gift solicitation
- Must be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Ability to create positive impressions and communicate with a wide variety of people
- Must be able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
This full-time, salaried position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including a health, life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with an excellent company contribution, generous paid time off benefits, employee education assistance program and flexible spending plan.
The mission of HSS is to provide high quality, comprehensive services to Monroe County residents with mental health or substance abuse needs, or developmental disabilities. HSS is a private, non-profit community resource founded in 1973, providing confidential COA-accredited services.
To apply please visit our website at www.hss1.org or email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org