Covenant House Missouri
The Director of Finance and Administration has day-to-day responsibility for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and cash management activities of Covenant House Missouri. Reporting directly to the CEO and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this position contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization in a manner which reflects the mission, philosophy and policies of Covenant House.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
(Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following)
- Responsible for accounting for all CHMO income, donated items and services, expenditures, assets and liabilities. Oversees maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash position.
- Produces timely, accurate financial reports including detailed management reports, reports to the parent organization, financial reports to funding agencies and annual financial statements produced in accordance with GAAP for nonprofit organizations.
- Manages organizations cash flow including depositing all monetary contributions and other revenues in a timely manner and maintains proper balances in all accounts to cover anticipated expenses. Responsible for the oversight and repayment of all lines of credit. Manages investment of available cash balances, maintains a cash flow forecast and maximizes earnings according to CHMO investment policies.
- Supports the Human Resources department in processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with all tax requirements on time every other week.
- Maximizes the revenue available from government grants and contracts by submitting timely invoicing reflecting all allowable expenses and effective management of receivables.
- Oversees all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions in partnership with the accounting clerk Manages accounts payable, assuring proper documentation and timely payments.
- Executes the month end, quarter end and year end close processes.
- Collaborates with the Advancement Department on the following: provide detailed budget information for grant requests and reporting; reconciliation of donor database and gift logs with accounting software.
- Records and monitors use of all contributed, purchased, and leased physical assets.
- Responsible for the corporate accounting software system and timely input of general ledger transactions into the system.
- Coordinates key vendor relationships, request for proposal process and contract negotiations in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team. Maintains records of payments, contracts, leases, service agreements, and other items of a legal nature.
- Supports the facilities department and other administrative vendors such as IT.
- Develops and administers financial management policies and procedures in manner consistent with corporate guidelines and local needs. Ensures that effective internal control systems are in place and that accounting procedures are followed.
- Manages the development of the annual operating and capital budgets, produces budget status reports, analyses, financial projections, and ratio analysis as needed/requested.
- Ensures compliance with all requirements related to financial management and reporting for state and local government grants and contracts and other grants/contracts as applicable.
- Coordinates CHMO annual financial audit process and other financial audits as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Perferred, CPA preferred. Minimum 5 years of senior experience in a finance or accounting department, preferably in an not-for-profit setting. Management and supervisory skills.
Visit our website at: www.covenanthousemo.org