Youth In Need
Youth In Need, a leading non-profit organization that serves children, youth, and families in St. Louis and the surrounding counties, is seeking a full time Philanthropy Manager. This position is based out of St. Charles, MO. The Philanthropy Manager is responsible for helping donors fulfill their philanthropic goals and passions through their giving to Youth In Need.
· Work with donors and donor prospects in order to secure, retain and increase their support of the organization.
· Serve as a key member of the Development and Marketing Department.
· Work with a group of assigned donors and donor prospects to assure as many as possible support the organization, either as new or returning donors, and increase their giving and involvement wherever possible.
· Concentrate on engaging supporters who have the interest and ability to contribute $5,000 or more annually to Youth In Need as well as donors interested in making larger investments in our mission through one-time or planned gifts.
· Must have 2-3 years of experience of successfully identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors
· Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Ability to understand and empathize with donors’ philanthropic passions and clearly communicate the organization’s connection to those passions.
· Exemplary oral and written communication skills are necessary to be successful in this position
· Knowledge of best practices around major gift identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
· Understanding of trends in nonprofit fundraising, ethical fundraising practices and respect for the confidentiality of data.
Youth In Need provides our full-time employees with an excellent benefits package, including 401K, vacation, sick time, paid holidays and floating holidays, tuition assistance, affordable vision plans and paid dental, life, and disability insurance. We currently offer full-time employees two health insurance options – premiums are $0/month or $40/month.
Youth In Need serves children, young people and families of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.