Family Care Health Centers
We are looking for a pediatric care manager (social worker) to join our integrated primary care/behavioral health team at Family Care Health Centers (FCHC). FCHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) whose mission is to provide affordable and accessible comprehensive primary care services to anyone, with emphasis on the medically underserved, and to train a primary care workforce in order to promote the general health of the service area.
- Function as a Care Manager within the integrated pediatric primary care and behavioral health team.
- Together with the psychologists and pediatric providers, enroll eligible and interested patients into the Circle of Care project. Maintain a patient registry in order to monitor clinical outcomes as well as key processes of care.
- As often as is clinically appropriate, face-to-face visits and telephone calls with Circle of Care patients and other members of the child’s network over the course of their enrollment in the project (3-12 months).
- When appropriate, maintain close coordination with the school, including administration of behavioral rating scales and phone call updates to monitor progress. Facilitate referrals to educational advocates and/or attend IEP meetings as needed.
- Facilitate referrals to outpatient therapists as indicated; facilitate referrals to child psychiatry as needed; arrange for inpatient, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient programs as needed; assist with discharge coordination.
- Provide same-day pediatric primary care consults as needed.
- Provide care management to adult patients on a limited basis as needed, e.g. adult patients with developmental disabilities.
Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- LCSW preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in the field of social work or behavioral health care is preferred.
- Experience in pediatrics, school social work and/or health care settings preferred.
If interested, please send resume and application (available at https://familycarehealthcenters.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/FCHC-EMPLOYMENT-APPLICATION_2017.pdf) to:
Jen Gafford, PhD
314-353-5190 ext 3129