Jackie Joyner-Kersee Foundation
Director of Programs
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Programs will be responsible for the program operational success of the JJK Foundation ensuring seamless team management and development, organize and coordinate program delivery, quality control and evaluation. The Director of Programs will manage a growing staff and will be the key contact with families, community and corporate/collaborative partners.
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Hours: During Programming (may include evening and weekends)
Work with upper management and Board Committees to develop annual budget that reflects the needs of existing and new programs.
Develop and implement approved strategies that will enhance and improve programs and outcomes.
Participate with Fundraising Committee to design fundraising efforts that best showcase our programs and youth.
Program Administration and Management:
· Recruit, hire and oversee training and orientation of program staff and volunteers through consultation with the COO.
· Work with COO to develop objective performance measurements to ensure high-quality evaluation and goal setting for program staff and volunteers.
· Grant research, writing and management for After School and Sports programs.
· Monitor and review monthly budgets. Prepares annual budget for all program areas in consultation with the COO. Administers approved budget and acts to correct variances.
· Design and track programs with Dashboard summary to share with COO and Board
· Participate in WIL (Winning in Life) training and expansion planning.
· Develop partnerships/collaborations with corporations and entities that support the JJKF mission with resources and in-kind contributions.
· Regular scheduled meetings with COO/CEO/Board Committees.
· Develop strategy to increase parent engagement and meetings and conversations to respond to parent issues/concerns.
· Plan special events (team banquets, etc) and create shared schedules to ensure facility readiness and Board participation.
· Manage Food Service Program. Includes completion of training and certifications to train and manage CACFP staff to ensure accurate reporting and menu planning that results in 100% reimbursement of expenses.
· JJKF representative in YCC program meetings; using data collection and training resources available.
· Assists Program Committee as a staff representative in the formation of JJK policies within the framework of the established JJK goals and objectives.
· Implement marketing strategies with the help of marketing firm to increase program and event exposer to the community. Provide additional photos of programs to marketing firm of program areas to use for marketing.
· Program areas will be organized and professional and the JJK Program Department will be recognized in the community for offering quality programs and excellent customer service.
· The development and maintenance of good staff relations and increasingly effective use of volunteers that result in a smooth operating and productive working team.
· Assist COO and CEO as needed with other duties that may arise that require Director of Programs attention and input.
· Prepare a monthly/annual schedule of programs on JJK Facility calendar for access by all staff and volunteers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
You have requested that candidates answer the following questions:
· How many years of programming experience do you have?
· What is the highest level of education you have completed?
How to apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls please).
Accepting applications through Friday, September 20th.