Operation Food Search
Operation Food Search (OFS) seeks a dynamic and highly organized individual to support our out-of-school meal programs and the overall efforts of the Family & Child Nutrition Programs team. Reporting to the Child Nutrition Programs Manager, this individual will collaborate with both internal and external partners to facilitate and grow OFS’s children’s meal programs. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a passion for working with children in underserved areas and providing access to healthy food that enables them to thrive.
Organization Overview: In Missouri, 1 in 6 individuals struggles with hunger, malnutrition, and food insecurity, including more than 241,000 children. Operation Food Search (OFS), a leading hunger relief organization, strengthens the safety net by empowering children and families with a range of innovative programs and services proven to reduce food insecurity and increase access to healthy and affordable food.
· Mission: To nourish and educate our neighbors in need to heal the hurt of hunger.
· Goals: 1) Meet the immediate need for food for children and families; 2) Empower long-term skills by teaching culinary skills and nutrition education; 3) Champion change through advocacy, service learning, and innovative demonstration projects.
For more information about OFS, please visit our website atwww.operationfoodsearch.org.
Position Overview: The Child Nutrition Program Coordinator will be instrumental in executing the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in accordance with state and federal guidelines. This includes developing strong relationships with program partners through regular communication and facilitating the day to day operations of these programs.
· Actively engage with community stakeholders to ensure the program is conducted to its fullest potential.
· Create a high functioning support system for program partners through excellent customer service with an emphasis on training and technical assistance.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with external partner organizations including government agencies, program sites, and vendors.
· Communicate daily with OFS’s vendor and program partners to ensure smooth operations, including ordering, delivery, invoicing and reporting.
· Maintain program partner files to ensure accuracy and completeness, including health department documentation, food safety certifications, background check verifications and more.
· Update data tracking and reporting documents on a daily, weekly, quarterly, monthly, and annual basis, as assigned.
· Follow program guidelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
· Conduct site visits and monitor for compliance with OFS, USDA, and DHSS guidelines as needed.
· Advance program by staying up to date on current trends and program regulations through engagement with industry experts and advocacy groups.
· Analyze programs for effectiveness based on financial, strategic, and program objectives.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Successful candidates for this position will possess the following:
Educational background in field related to Social Services, Public Health, Public Policy, Business Administration, Management, Nutrition, or comparable course of study preferred.
A minimum of 2+ years of work experience in food distribution programs, food security and hunger-relief work, or similar field.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to establish positive interpersonal relationships with OFS team, program partners, and stakeholders.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple projects while ensuring the highest standards in quality.
· Experience working with underserved populations.
· Understanding of food insecurity and food access issues in the St. Louis region.
· Experience or knowledge of federal nutrition programs.
· Possess a growth mindset and actively seek out opportunities to learn.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions based on data.
· Passion for the OFS mission and a commitment to program integrity.
· Frequent local travel required. Must have a good driving record and reliable transportation (mileage is reimbursable).
· Occasional travel to out of town meetings, events, and conferences.
· Flexibility in working hours for occasional special events after-hours or weekend.
· Willingness to assist with other OFS duties as required or as assigned.
To Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Melissa Weissler, Child Nutrition Programs Manager. No phone calls please.
Location:1644 Lotsie Boulevard, Overland, MO 63132
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.