St. Louis ArtWorks
The mission of St. Louis ArtWorks is to broaden educational and career opportunities for youth in the St. Louis region through apprenticeships in the arts and through community collaborations. In support of this mission, ArtWorks provides paid apprenticeships to youth, ages 14-19, from the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
ArtWorks is seeking a part-time Program Manager (30-hrs/week August-May; 35-hrs/week June – July) with strong organizational and managerial skills.
Responsibilities of Program Manager
The Program Manager reports to the Assistant Director and oversees teaching artists and student interns. The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the year-round youth apprenticeship program.
Primary Duties Include:
- Oversees year-round apprenticeship program including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, documentation, evaluation and follow up.
- Coordinates teaching artist LOI and interview process, curriculum development, and program implementation.
- Develops and implements orientation programs for apprentices and artists.
- Responsible for the acquisition/inventory of program supplies.
- Maintains strong communication with current apprentices and their families.
- Designs and implements employment training and Life Skills related activities including securing speakers, logistics, evaluation, and conducting workshops.
- Manages public sale events after each session including an inventory of art for sale, event advertisement, pricing artwork, apprentice attendance and day of assignments, and event layout.
- Coordinates Alumni Project, through follow up and tracking of past program participants.
- Set up and attends art fairs and special events, recruits volunteers to assist.
Knowledge in: Google docs, social media platforms, web-based design/survey tools
Must have reliable personal transportation to be able to perform recruitment responsibilities.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2019.
St. Louis ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.