United 4 Children
The Development & Event Coordinator will provide organization to all aspects of fundraising including; data maintenance, fundraising research/coordination/optimization, event/volunteer coordination. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a variety of activities. Salary to be determined based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the donor database in support of all development initiatives
- Input, update and maintain constituent data (development & event management)
- Provide development and data reports
- Responsible for all event logistics, such as negotiating venue contracts, identifying emcee (if applicable), securing caterer, ordering rental equipment, and finalizing event decorations.
- Manage action plan specific to each event
- Coordinate and collaborate with a working committee specific to each event
- Create event sponsorship packages and materials.
- Solicit and collect live and silent auction items and/or raffle and other prizes as needed for each event, including in-kind donations to offset event costs.
- Create online event ticketing forms and track ticket sales.
- Work with Communications team to manage online and offline event promotion, including event invitations, posters, e-mail blasts, and media opportunities.
- Identify marketing opportunities to promote and secure potential volunteers and donors.
- Determine volunteer needs for each event. Build volunteer base, track, and train event volunteers.
- Ensure all donors/participants are properly receipted for tax purposes.
- Responsible for identifying and timely entry into the donor data base information regarding special events revenue, special events in-kind donations, and annual appeal revenue.
- Identify ways to expand, enhance, or revamp existing events to increase revenue and improve attendee experiences.
- Provide post-event reports to Development Officer.
- Send thank you notes and make personal “thank you” calls following all events.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with outside organizations that may be willing to host events and donate proceeds to our organization (i.e., third-party fundraisers)
- Participate in community outreach events; participate in the recruitment of volunteers by attending volunteer and organization fairs.
- Manage and coordinate volunteer opportunities. Ensure opportunities are posted on all appropriate public sites and organization website
- Strong time and project management and excellent organizational skills needed.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, follow through on assignments and prioritize competing tasks
- Demonstrated success with social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
- Proficiency with fundraising database software’s is strongly desired.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
- Associates degree or at least 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
- Experience in database maintenance in a non-profit environment, event coordination, grant research, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, exceptional organizational skills; superior attention to detail, excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task with accuracy, professional business and phone demeanor.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to rachel@gladiatorRDS.com.
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer.