Central Baptist Church
Position: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt Reports to: Senior Pastor
Central Baptist Church is an historic, urban African American Baptist Church that faithfully serves humanity and develops disciples spiritually, physically, emotionally, culturally, financially, and socially. Central has recently installed its 14th Senior Pastor, an engaging and energetic visionary with a passion for community and a heart for people. Get Centered at Central! Join Us!
Role and Purpose
The Director of Church Operations supports the mission and vision of the church by serving as an administrative liaison to the Senior Pastor, running the day-to-day operations of the church, and working closely with church leadership to ensure that facilities and resources meet on-going operational goals and objectives. This is an exciting, fast-paced role, with an opportunity for growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of Church Facilities and Resources
· Oversee the maintenance and security operations of church facilities and maintains inventory of equipment, technology and supplies.
· Manage facility rental, church equipment and enforce church policies for facility usage.
· Evaluates insurance needs of the church and ensures policies remain current.
· Manages office systems, policies and procedures.
· Oversees and develops the church’s communications and marketing strategy.
· Coordinate solutions to IT issues with IT Consultant.
· Attend Trustee meetings as requested and serve as liaison between Trustee Ministry, Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor.
· Work with all church leadership in their specific areas.
Human Resource and Relationship Management
· Oversee employee hiring, training, HR documentation and evaluations in conjunction with church leadership.
· Supervises Lead Sexton and clerical/administrative staff.
· Manages and maintains church calendar and database system to include, but not limited to prayer and care requests.
· Facilitates effective vendor relations.
· Serve as back up for critical accounting functions as needed such as submitting payroll and running report in Quickbooks.
· Serve as back up for ACS administrator functions (Church donation database).
· Assist, as need, in the development and implementation of the church budget.
· Assist in providing information to auditor for Annual Review.
· Receive, code and prepare bills for Church Treasurer approval and payment.
· Keep confidential records of employee benefits, insurance and vacation time.
Character and Commitment
· Hospitable with an ability to connect with people
· Leads with service and care for other people
· A lifelong learner, teachable and able to receive direction and correction with graciousness
· Mature and discerning, able to hold information in extreme confidence
· Works well with others as a flexible team player, as well as works independently to produce results
· The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in an environment that is often fast-paced and changing
Education, Experience and Skill
· Master’s Degree (or its equivalent) preferred; a minimum of five years’ direct business, financial, administrative and management experience, preferable in church or non-profit administration
· Superior verbal, presentation and writing skills
· A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Exemplary planning and project management skills
· Experience negotiating contracts, leases, and agreements
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Knowledge of church database (ACS) preferred
· Web and graphic design capabilities are desirable
· Willing to tackle new challenges and research creative solutions frequently
Expected Work Schedule: Full time, some evenings and weekends required
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 per year
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision, Paid Time Off
To apply, submit resume with cover letter referencing “Director of Church Operations, Central Baptist Church” in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Central Baptist Church, please visit www.cbcstl.org .