Operations Support Specialist Job Description
Summary: Eye Thrive, formerly Eye Care Charity of Mid-America, puts our mission in our name and empowers students to pursue their full potential by ensuring no low-income child in the St. Louis region fails to thrive simply because his or her family cannot afford glasses.
Our Mobile Vision Clinic is an optometry center on wheels that brings free professional eye exams and prescription glasses to kids at more than 180 schools and community centers each year. Exams are administered by licensed optometrists; prescription lenses are cut on-site; and children walk away with new glasses – all in less than 30 minutes!
The Operations Support Specialist perform program support tasks; 1) on-board the Mobile Vision Clinic, and 2) at Eye Thrive Headquarters. Daily start time will begin at Eye Thrive Headquarters between 7:00-8:30 AM depending on Mobile Vision Clinic schedule. Operations Support Specialist will work up to 8 hours per day on Tuesday and Thursday only.
Job Type: Part Time, Tuesday and Thursday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ride on-board Mobile Vision Clinic to and from site location
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of Mobile Vision Clinic
- Initiate contact with school nurse upon arrival and coordinate with school nurse throughout visit
- Perform pre-testing duties (autorefraction, stereo, and color deficiency tests)
- Assist children with frame selection
- Read prescriptions on autolensometer
- Assist optometrist in a prompt and courteous manner
- Alphabetize, verify and file clinical records
- Restock Mobile Vision Clinic inventory
- Clean optical equipment and Mobile Vision Clinic
- Reorder and stock prescription lenses
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with children, family members, school nurses, and staff
- Maintain current and accurate clinical records through electronic medical records
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes responsibilities correctly and on time; must be organized with high attention to detail and recall abilities
- Dependability – Follows instructions, Complete daily tasks; Follows through on commitments
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and effectively listens to adults and children; Seeks clarification
- Professionalism – Maintains high level of customer service, Approaches others in a respectful and tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Dedication – Supports organization’s goals and mission; Upholds Eye Thrive values and reputation
- Experience with school age youth or in a school setting strongly preferred
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow and enforce policies and procedures
- Ability to work in team settings
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to fit Mobile Vision Clinic schedule
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office Applications
- Proficient skill level with Google Documents, Sheets, and Calendar
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of the workday
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds when stocking the Mobile Vision Clinic
- Ability to move up and down stairwells; walk around Mobile Vision Clinic and Headquarters frequently throughout workday; frequent standing, reaching and stooping – 75% or more of the workday may be spent standing on feet
- Various schools throughout Greater St. Louis on-board the Mobile Vision Clinic
- Shared workspace at Eye Thrive headquarters
Submit resume and detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Operations Support Specialist job description is representative and not exhaustive of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Eye Thrive reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, due to business necessity.
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.