Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri is a growing organization and always focused on taking the best care of its many constituents. It focuses its services on young people ages 5-25. Our Mission: We build trusting and enduring relationships that encourage and support young people
Position: Big Futures Specialist
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary goal of this position is to implement BBBSEMO’s promise to “Be There” for Alumni Littles in their post-secondary efforts in education, employment and/or enlistment. Requires strong ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with young adults, caregivers, and volunteers, a high degree of professional judgment, and efficient time management. The position is a member of the Big Futures and reports to the Senior Director of Big Futures. Read more about the work of the Big Futures Department here.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with Alumni Littles who are engaged in one of the E’s (Employment, Enroll & Enlist) or in transition, with a goal of 70% of Active Alumni engaged in support services.
- Contact caseload of Alumni Littles (ages 17-25) on a planned schedule to offer support and assistance, community, employment and college/university resources, and navigation services.
- Create individualized success and retention plans with Alumni to help them achieve their goals and ensure early identification of concerns. Offer coaching, access resources & leverage other caring adults to support Alumni Littles.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all communication. Average caseload is approximately 70-90 Alumni Littles.
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree; Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar field; or a minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar field required
- Experience in Higher Education, Job Coaching and/or case management preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse population of young adults, meeting them where they are in life, and elevating their voices.
- Strong planning, priority setting, time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with a variety of staff, caregivers, volunteers, and external partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Technology/computer skills needed. Proficient in the following platforms: MS Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, & Teams); Outlook, Zoom. Experience using data management systems preferred.
- Flexible work hours to meet the needs of Alumni, Caregivers and volunteers, including nights and weekends.
- In person visits & campus visits are a required part of the job.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums
Typical Profile of a Big Brothers Big Sisters Team Member:
- Someone who knows how to make things happen.
- A thinker who can participate in a team environment to create and execute on new projects and goals.
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to work hard. Really hard.
- Someone who understands what it means to “take ownership” and run with it.
- A planner who can map out the steps to success and follow through.
- Someone who is adaptable and quick on their feet.
- Someone who is curious – always on the lookout for the next opportunity, to create and/or improve.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary will be based upon professional and academic experience (salary range – $36,000-$39,000)
- 401(k) – 3% match per year following first year of employment.
- .54 cents reimbursement on business miles and 100% of out of office parking for business meetings, etc.
- Immediate and 100% coverage on health and dental insurance.
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance following the first ninety days of employment.
- 50% contribution toward daily parking in covered garage (employee covers approximately $26.00 per month).
- 10 days of paid vacation after one year of service.
- Accrue 1 day per month of sick leave (can also be used for family illnesses) – can carry up to 30 days of sick leave.
- 2 personal days per year following the first ninety days of employment.
- Annual raises based on performance, culture and agency’s ability.
- 10 paid holidays.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No in-person or phone applications will be accepted. Please do not call or inquire in person.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSEMO provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
www.bbbsemo.org– Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @bbbsemo.