St. Michael & St. George Episcopal Church
Position Opportunity: Business Administrator
The Church of St. Michael & St. George invites applications from individuals qualified to fill the position of Business Administrator.
The Church is seeking an experienced Business Administrator who can oversee and manage the financial, business support and facilities operations for the Church. The successful candidate will have the skills and abilities to insure the successful and smooth coordination of the day to day operations of the Church. The Business Administrator reports to the Rector. The position offers an excellent salary and benefits.
• Ability to design and implement an effective, clear operations plan and structure
• Ability to manage, schedule and coordinate the operational aspects of the Church. These include: finances, facilities maintenance and operations, scheduling, communications, print, IT
• Financial acumen to manage day to day financial functions
• Ability to manage staff and to appropriately delegate work. The Business Administrator will manage a team of 12 to 15 people
• Customer service skills and sensitivity in interacting with members, clergy and other key constituencies
• Ability to interface with vendors and secure needed services at appropriate cost levels
• Manage the IT needs of the Church with hardware/software vendors and IT support firms
• A person skilled and experienced in administration/management
• Able to build and maintain positive relationships
• A person of high integrity and professionalism
• A practicing Christian committed to faith and the life of a church
• A personal theology and church experience compatible with the Episcopal Church, but the Business Administrator is not expected to be an Episcopalian, nor it is desired, that he/she become a member of or attend The Church of St. Michael & St. George
• An earned degree from an accredited institution, preferably in business or a related field
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in an administration/management role
• Willing to locate to the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area
About The Church of St. Michael and St. George:
The Church of St. Michael and St. George is the largest Episcopal Church in St. Louis and the Episcopal Diocese in Missouri. The church has approximately 1,200 members, with an average Sunday attendance of 400, made up of people across a diverse spectrum of ages and life experiences. The Church’s membership is faithful and stable and is multi-generational. The people of the parish are committed, involved, and hardworking and they create a welcoming environment for families and visitors. The Church has numerous strong programs in liturgy, music and outreach.
The vision states that “The Church of St. Michael & St. George transforms lives through Christ.”
The expressed mission calls for the Church to “Live Christ’s life into the world through the Anglican traditions of worshiping God with reverence, joy, and awe; serving and caring for our community; and leading spiritual formation for all ages.”
The Church’s annual operating budget is $2.5 million and it has an endowment of $10 million.
Individuals interested in the position should submit three documents for consideration:
• A cover letter (1 page maximum) which summarizes your qualifications and interest
• Contact information for three references
Application materials submitted by February 21, 2020 will be given priority.
Please email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. To insure delivery, the file size of the email must not exceed 5MB.