Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
PHEASANTS FOREVER & QUAIL FOREVER
The Habitat Organization
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Communications Coordinator –
Missourians for Monarchs
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Anticipated Start Date: March 2020
Location: Central Missouri – Columbia
The employee will work in joint capacity with Pheasants Forever Inc. & Quail Forever, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Missouri Department of Conservation and other state conservation partners to coordinate and promote monarch and pollinator conservation efforts statewide. This person will market events and inform the public of current programs, projects and successes through social media, press releases, web site management and other media outlets on behalf of the Missourians for Monarchs Conservation Collaborative.
This position will require the person to be a self-starter with excellent outdoor education, communication and program coordination skills. The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors with experience in outreach, marketing, communications, and working with the public. Travel will be expected throughout Missouri.
Essential Job Duties:
• Implement the Education and Outreach portions of the Missourians for Monarchs Pollinator and Conservation Plan.
• On behalf of the Missourians for Monarchs Conservation Collaborative, actively work to communicate the importance of monarch and pollinator conservation, as well as help promote on-going monarch and pollinator conservation efforts and programs (Working Lands for Wildlife) to external stakeholders and the public at large.
• Work with partners to develop materials promoting the Missourians for Monarchs programs, events and successes.
• Facilitate communication and coordination among conservation organizations participating within the Missourians for Monarchs Conservation Collaborative to maximize attendance of target audiences at outreach events as well as garner support for new habitat program development.
• Promote the Missourians for Monarchs Conservation Collaborative, as well as relative state-wide wildlife conservation efforts, on social media pages.
• Write press releases, newspaper articles, and newsletters to promote events and increase habitat partnership communication specifically focused on Working Lands for Wildlife and the Missourians for Monarchs efforts.
• When applicable, develop news releases and QF Journal content demonstrating the connection between monarch/pollinator habitat and QF’s habitat mission.
• Provide guidance and support to conservation partners and PF/QF field staff as it relates to NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife program and monarch and pollinator conservation.
• This employee will work in coordination with Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever headquarters’ public relations professionals to ensure all messaging is consistent with the organization’s positions.
• This employee will participate in regular training conducted by PF/QF’s public relations team on the organization’s communications best practices, social media guidelines, brand standards and key messages.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be comfortable with public speaking and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision to accomplish goals
• Extensive knowledge of social media channels and best practices on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
• Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record and history
• Ability to organize, develop, and implement educational and outreach activities, including workshops, seminars, and publications
• Must be innovative and resourceful with a positive and professional attitude
• A strong passion for conservation, the outdoors, and youth outreach and education
Education and Experience Guideline:
Applicant should possess a minimum of an associate degree in communications, public relations, or journalism, or 3 years of field related experience. The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors and outdoor education with education, marketing and writing experience. Candidates with knowledge of federal, state, and local conservation programs designated by the Farm Bill is a plus.
Salary Information: $35,600 – $38,000 Per Year + Health Benefits and Retirement Package
Application: To apply, visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE PHEASANTS FOREVER WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED. Your complete application materials should include a cover letter that outlines your interest in the position and your qualifications, along with a detailed resume, and 3 references, as one MS Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.