Central West HealthCare
Central West HealthCare Incorporated is a full service outpatient community clinic founded by Dr. David A. Parks, one of the nation’s frontline providers, speakers, and researchers on the HIV/AIDS epidemic. With a mission to provide primary health services for medically underserved populations in St. Louis, Central West HealthCare offers prevention & wellness care, HIV disease management, chronic disease management, immunizations, testing and screening, and other diagnostic, preventative, and medical support services with the promise of inclusive, dignified, and personalized care.
To promote our vision to provide accessible, patient-centered care in a healthcare sector that increasingly rewards inequitable policies and standards of care, Central West HealthCare seeks an Executive Director to transform the delivery of our primary care model. This role demands a highly innovative leader and advocate with the expertise to guide the organization toward a Health Home care model.
This is a newly created position that reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Organization Mission and Strategy
- Develop, promote, and manage health care facilities, services, and programs with emphasis on comprehensive health care, preventative medicine, and health maintenance
- In concert with the Board of Directors, create and implement an overarching strategic plan that maps out the CentralWest Health Care’s forward progress over the next three years with a yearly update
- Ensure that implementation and execution of all strategic initiatives will provide all stakeholders with an exceptionally positive experience
- Regularly report to and collaborate with the Board of Directors on policy decisions, fundraising, human resources, and increasing the overall visibility of the organization
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to organizational mission as it relates to all facets of patient care, policy, fundraising, grantsmanship, advocacy, and stakeholder engagement while supporting a demanding environment of institutional growth and change
Organizational Operations and Financial Health
- Serve as key management leader responsible for compliant administration, data collection, quality programs, personnel management, fiscal management, and agency brand to ensure delivery of quality health care to Central West patients
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit
- Develop resources to secure the financial health of the organization, including major gifts fundraising, grantsmanship, and public relations activities that seek to constantly strengthen the financial position of Central West HealthCare
- Review and approve contracts for services and oversee marketing and other communications efforts to ensure capture and elevation of brand standards
- Equitably recruit, train, develop, and supervise the Executive Team maintaining a supportive and rigorous environment that promotes inclusion, learning, innovation, communication, and collaboration
- Implement equitable and transparent personnel evaluation and promotion methodologies; identify and participate in staff skill and knowledge building opportunities that promote integrated personal and professional health and growth
- Serve as primary spokesperson for Central West Healthcare, actively building relationships with other mental and physical health leaders, civic and private organizations and foundations, and key community partners
- Maintain a nuanced understanding of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion as it relates to the St. Louis region and the adverse impacts of racial inequity on the healthcare sector specifically; collect and leverage data to identify shared convictions, advocate for change, and spur action
- Identify community partners that share Central West HealthCare’s vision of pairing traditional medical service and modern innovation with patient centered care; develop outreach strategies to build a coalition of community partners
- Identify and activate pathways to expand the reach of Central West HealthCare’s services and provide educational opportunities to the public in the principles of health protection
EXPERIENCE AND CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will be a disruptor, advocate, and visionary who approaches their work with integrity, authenticity, and transparency. A deep belief in and understanding of the importance of a holistic, team-based clinical approach to care that incorporates linkages to community resources and integrates primary and behavioral health care is essential. Optimally, candidates will have demonstrated success in building and leading dynamic teams through transition and transformation, with a track record of delivering results in complex environments. While subject matter expertise is a positive, more important is the candidate’s ability to identify, connect to, and leverage the right resources and experts in key operational and programmatic areas. The successful candidate will be an adaptable, responsive, and accessible leader, capable of listening to understand and connect with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in nonprofit administration, social work, public health, or related field is strongly preferred. Competitive applicants will have ten years of work experience with progressively more responsibility, preferably in health management, government, or advocacy. Experience working in a nonprofit environment is preferred. Familiarity with federal grants including the Ryan White Grant for people living with HIV/AIDS is a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with flexible schedule and health stipend. Salary range is $90,000 – $125,000 and will be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Central West HealthCare is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQIA+, and gender non-conforming applicants.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit materials as soon as possible.
Send resume and cover letter to Gladiator Consulting: email@example.com
Visit our website at https://www.centralwesthealthcare.clinic to learn more about the organization.