Grand Center Inc.
Grand Center Inc. (GCI) creates the conditions for a thriving creative community in Grand Center Arts District. GCI is a non-profit organization, centrally located in Grand Center Arts District.
GCI is the leader in enhancing the visitor experience when visiting the arts district. Our primary goal is creating the physical environment that insures a positive experience. Our focus ranges from infrastructure improvements to managing security to the installation of public art along with many additional activities. Ancillary programs include the activation of public space, district tours, collaborative district marketing, economic development, and convening arts partners to work together on larger, district-focused programs.
Job Purpose: The Administrative Assistant provides the important first impression of the organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the organization’s operations. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage a variety of situations with multiple constituencies, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. Enthusiasm about Grand Center Arts District and sharing information about the district’s offerings with visitors are essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- All general office operations including but not limited to managing office supplies, office equipment, mail, welcome center, and other administrative tasks related to office staff performing at their highest level.
- Greet visitors and answer incoming calls; assist in answering questions about district amenities, keeping welcome center stocked and up to date and connecting to other district resources.
- Keep detailed records of all receivables in accordance with GCI policy including recording checks on the check log, and assisting with the weekly financial report.
- Assemble materials for distribution at all Board of Directors, Committee, and Community Improvement District meetings including physical set up and A/V needs of the rooms.
- Adhere to all office procedures and policies as defined by the Executive Director.
- Assist the fundraising team with activities such as scheduling meetings, executing mailings and coordinating events.
- Assist the Community Engagement Manager in the preparation and execution of District events.
- Assist Executive Director with the creation and implementation of an electronic and paper file tem that holistically manages all organizational files. Assure its ongoing accuracy.
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Support for social media and web updates as assigned
- Ensure a tidy office and workspace that is both functional and welcoming to all
- Research projects as assigned.
- Other administrative and support duties may be assigned as needed.
- Comfortable in a public-facing role interacting with a diverse group of staff, board members, district stakeholders and visitors by e-mail, telephone, and in person.Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be creative and curious, possess an independent working style, and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-focused, and community oriented.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively represent GCI and reflect organizational values. Passion for our mission and desire to go above and beyond to fulfill the position and make an overall contribution to the organization.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree.
Experience: At least two years related work experience. Will consider combination of education and experience. Non-profit and administrative support experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@grandcenter.org by May 28, 2020.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Grand Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.