LifeWise STL (formerly Kingdom House)
LifeWise STL is searching for a full-time Alumni Advisor for its LifeWise Academy alumni program. The alumni program works on college retention and career assistance for graduates of LifeWise Academy. The advisor is responsible for providing guidance to 80 college age students. Graduates meet with the advisor in person or over the phone once a month to discuss school, goals, career interests, etc. The advisor is responsible for helping students identify steps to achieving their goals, connecting alumni to career opportunities, and communicating with other LifeWise STL staff and area businesses regarding potential internship placements for students. The advisor is also responsible for hosting alumni events. Ultimately, the advisor is there to guide alumni to meaningful employment after college or job training.
The position would be scheduled 40 hours per week. Staff hours are adjusted to meet the needs of the young adults and assist with Academy events during the year.
LifeWise STL staff collaborates with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Previous experience building relationships with high school students
• Previous experience facilitating life skills classes
• Can adjust to change with a good attitude (flexibility)
• Can improvise when things do not go as planned (think on your feet)
• Can recognize and do what needs to be done before being asked (initiative)
• Strong computer and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Previous experience working with diverse populations
• Must obtain Class E endorsement on driver’s license
• Must pass criminal background checks
• Other Duties as Assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “Alumni Advisor.”