Rung for Women
Job Title: Membership Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director, Membership
Schedule: Varies and will likely include evenings and occasional weekends.
Rung for Women’s mission is “to empower women to grow and achieve sustained independence through co-
located and coordinated educational, professional, and economic resources.” With several organizations
operating under one roof, we offer women (who are our members) a one-stop shop for opportunity.Description of Organization:
Rung for Women is seeking a Membership Manager who will maximize the membership experience through strategic marketing and recruitment efforts of new members and the development and maintenance of
relationships with existing members and stakeholders. Someone who is bilingual in English/Spanish highly
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its
strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results
despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental
and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for
quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting
things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive
toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. The
emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and
persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly
and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. While the job requires
the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full
commitment to the success of the organization and high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implementation of strategic marketing and recruitment efforts to meet the annual membership cohort plan.
- Ongoing external relations with various stakeholders including potential members, referral sources and the community.
- Execution of the admission process which may include information sessions, application screening, interview, and new member orientation for cohorts.
- Cultivate relationships with members. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals requires an outgoing, poised, and persuasive communication style.
- Implement programs and procedures relating to member engagement and day-to-day clerical matters including tracking progress, record management and reporting.
- Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The role requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities with carefully calculated risks and anticipation of potential problems.
- Drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential.
- Administer member support activities independently with a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the organization and high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
- Carry out activities of department or division under the oversight of the Director of Membership to further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Provide input to the VP of Programming and Director.
- Confer with Director over achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Local travel will be required. Reliable transportation is necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, social work, or a human services field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred
- Experience with a recruitment, sales or marketing and program development.
- Demonstrated experience in working with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math skills for addition, subtraction, division, multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, email
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
No supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials, to Stephanie Weinhaus at email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, on September 30, 2020.