The Regional Business Council
Manager of Talent & Workforce Initiatives
Do you want to support the St. Louis region’s workforce and talent pipeline in providing specialized training and skills development?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high profile environment?
… If so, let’s talk!
Established in 2000, The Regional Business Council (“RBC”) partners with the region’s business leaders to advance St. Louis’ civic, business and philanthropic priorities. Today, the RBC is comprised of 100 CEOs who represent some of St. Louis’s largest employers. These companies have a tremendous impact on the economic health of the region, employing over 120,000 people and generating over $65 billion in revenue annually. Most RBC companies are headquartered in the region and all have a vested interest in the development of the region’s 16 counties. RBC members work collaboratively on some of the region’s most pressing issues, which include: education reform, diversity and inclusion, talent development, public policy, quality of life, and work force development. Learn more about RBC at www.stlrbc.org.
RBC is seeking a Manager of Talent & Workforce Initiatives who offers exceptional organizational, communication and follow-up skills to coordinate RBC’s K-12 education, workforce and talent development endeavors.
Reporting directly to our CEO, the Manager of Talent & Workforce Initiatives will:
- Organize and Facilitate Initiative Committee Meetings and Special Events. Manage the organization and planning of monthly and yearly meetings (particular focus areas include workforce development, K-12 education, and talent for the Young Professionals Network (YPN) and Mentor Network programs. Distribute program invitations and track RSVPs. Prepare agenda and notices, assemble handouts/materials, take minutes and distribute and follow up on the execution of action items.
- Oversee and manage all talent development initiatives such as the RBC’s Young Professional Network, Mentor Network and STL.works. Partner with the YPN members and Steering Committee to implement social, philanthropic, and cultural community involvement. Communicate important networking events and professional development opportunities and plan and organize the YPN Networking Reception.
- Coordinate with Community Partners. Facilitate communications with partners and investees, including local and state government agencies, education institutions and school districts, regional and state Chambers of Commerce, non-profit organizations including the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis and many others.
- General Administrative Support. Provide support to staff and other committees as needed.
- 2-3 years business experience and/or member services experience. Experience in a civic or nonprofit organization a plus.
- Prior experience with volunteers is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate and manage a wide variety of projects. Must work at a fast pace while retaining the accuracy and quality of deliverables.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills are required.
- Exceptional computer skills and capabilities including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to rapidly acquire a thorough knowledge of the firm’s key clients, operating practices and procedures.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a stellar phone presence are mandatory.
- Must be a bright, confident self-starter with strong attention to detail, yet in command of the big picture.
- Must be honest and trustworthy with high ethical standards.
- Must be professional, courteous, tactful and accommodating.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified and ready to take the next step, apply on-line at jobs.getcollaborative.com. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Candidates from contingent recruiters will not be considered. Please do not contact RBC directly – should you experience difficulties with the online system or wish to ask a question, you may contact our search consulting firm, Collaborative Strategies, via email at email@example.com.
Collaborative Strategies, Inc., is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations such as Regional Business Council. For more information, visit us at www.getcollaborative.com. To view our job board, visit jobs.getcollaborative.com.
| Equal Opportunity Employer |