One Classroom is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit foundation dedicated to creating inclusive Catholic educational opportunities for children with special needs in the Saint Louis Archdiocese. We believe every child deserves a Catholic education in their local parish school in full community with their peers!
Director of Development & Events: One Classroom was established in 2015 and is dedicated to raising awareness of inclusive Catholic education, building a community of families of children with special needs interested in Catholic education, providing professional development opportunities and direct expert support to our Catholic schools, and raising funds to support the inclusion of children with special needs. The Director of Development & Events role is designed to be responsible for all aspects of One Classroom’s fundraising and event activities.
Description of job requirements:
- Become expert in Catholic inclusive education
- Organize fundraising efforts including major gifts, direct appeals, grant requests, & events
- Identify and cultivate relationships with new and existing donors
- Identify and cultivate relationships with granting organizations and manage grant processes
- Produce communications and issue periodic notices to supporters, maintain and update website, publish marketing materials
- Organize and sponsor promotional and professional development seminars, parent and family events, bus tours of inclusive schools etc.
- Speak and present at relevant functions, travel as required
- Recruit, organize and manage volunteers, make recommendations on personnel as needed
- Foster and maintain relationships with other Catholic inclusion organizations
- Manage specific back-office activities as required
- Must be a practicing Catholic
- Previous experience in non-profit development, event management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- College degree, masters in non-profit management and or special education a plus
- Professional experience and training as an educator, especially in the area of special education, is a plus
This may be a full or part-time position
The Director of Development & Events reports to the Executive Director
- Primarily Work from home
- Office setting with outside meetings
- Domestic travel as required
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with educational background and work experience.