LifeWise STL (formerly Kingdom House)
LifeWise STL is seeking a full-time bilingual youth therapist to work individually and with groups of youth ages preschool-13 who participate in onsite programming, or who are the children of adults currently served by LifeWise STL. An ideal candidate will be well-versed in trauma-informed care, able to work individually and as part of a collaborative team, culturally responsive interventions for Latino and non-Latino youth, and comfortable working in a community service setting.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker registered with the State of Missouri OR LMSW.
- Minimum of one-year experience in social services, particularly with one-on-one case management experience or counseling experience.
- Minimum of one-year experience in providing therapeutic services for youth and/or families.
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented a must.
- Excellent public speaking, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt role as needed, especially as the program evolves.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work independently and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to adhere to confidentiality laws and handle sensitive information.
- Provide ethical and sound judgment when advocating and serving clients in need.
- Experience working with underserved and diverse populations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and non-traditional hours.
- Basic knowledge of St. Louis social service landscape including TANF, SNAP, WIC, etc.
- Skilled at taking initiative, problem solving and working independently.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Provide trauma-informed screening, assessment, and treatment of referred clients.
- Provide therapeutic services virtually until safe to do so otherwise.
- Work as a part of the Mental Health Integration Team providing consultation, training, and support to other LifeWise departments in the area of mental health.
- Complete and maintain all required documentation in a regular, timely manner and in accordance with policies.
- Update and report accurate data for the purpose of ensuring data integrity and outcome-driven programming.
- Participate in staff meetings, program meetings, strategic planning, and other community meetings as required.
- Attend required trainings and recommended professional development and networking opportunities to advance personal and organizational capacity.
- Stay up to date on emerging best practices in the field.
- Provide families with care coordination to help support therapeutic work or appropriate internal and external referrals.
- LifeWise staff partner with individual and group volunteers, who provide over 25,000 service hours to the organization annually. As such, the successful employee will work collaboratively with organizational leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and colleagues from within and outside the organization to deliver and support holistic, client-focused programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “Bilingual Youth Therapist.”