Ready Readers is seeking a Development and Communications Coordinator.
Ready Readers is a local, award-winning organization with the mission to prepare preschool-age children in low-income communities to become readers by reading aloud to them, increasing their exposure to quality books, and providing literacy-related experiences. We provide books and early literacy activities to 10,000 preschool-age children attending 220 early childhood centers in the St. Louis area, with the strong support of 400 volunteers. Last school year, we gave more than 71,000 new books to the children in our program. We deliver our services with a staff of 6 full-time and 2 part-time employees. To learn more, please visit: www.readyreaders.org.
The Development & Communications Coordinator is an important support position for Ready Readers, responsible for a variety of duties related to increasing funding and brand awareness. Ready Readers has a strong team environment, and the position will work closely with the Development Director, Development Manager, the Executive Director, and a volunteer Development Committee to further the organization’s mission.
- Assist Development & Communications team in building, implementing and evaluating development and communication plans; specifically, in launching a more robust individual giving program, monthly giving campaign and increasing brand awareness.
- Maintain donor database.
- Provide administrative support, including status reports, gift processing (data entry, thank you letters), and bank deposits/reconciliation reports.
- Lead in planning and execution of fundraising events, including Trivia Night and Winter Story Fest.
- Manage social media presence including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and website News and Events page.
- Provide graphic design on small, internal projects, utilizing Canva, InDesign, and other appropriate services.
- Coordinate and oversee annual photoshoots and video productions.
- Manage email database and implement email communication strategies.
- Provide administrative support for direct mail strategies, including mail merge functions.
- Coordinate with Program and Development Teams to create and maintain an organizational calendar of communications/activities.
- Maintain general office, including managing cleaning and contractor relationships, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies.
- Manage certifications, including BBB, GuideStar, online giving platforms, trademark registration.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the Ready Readers mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience in development.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing a fundraising database and data analysis skills.
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to effectively multi-task and work under minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Strategic thinker. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, set deadlines, and complete projects in a timely manner while maintaining high levels of performance.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment. Basic proficiency in the MS Office Suite to include: Outlook, Word, Excel. Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word preferred. Expertise in social media.
- Ability to motivate and engage with fellow staff members, Readers, and colleagues, as well as external community for networking and partnership building.
- Graphic Design experience preferred: specifically Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or Canva.com.
- Knowledge of Benchmark or similar emailing platform.
- Knowledge of WordPress website editing is a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt position and includes health care, vacation and holiday pay.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22. On the subject line please indicate: DCC (your last name).