Resident Program Director
Sunshine Ministries, a non-denominational Christian faith-based nonprofit organization located in downtown St. Louis, is seeking a Director for the Residential Shelter Program.
The Resident Program Director will oversee all aspects of the Men’s Ministry Residential Shelter, a long-term recovery program focused on equipping men to overcome past failures by focusing on discovering and exercising their God-given potential.
The core competencies to succeed in this role would include natural leadership skills, confidentiality, good judgment and discernment, strong understanding of biblical principles, solid personal Christian values and a heart for making a difference in the lives of others. The Sunshine Ministries’ philosophy of ministry includes:
- Respect – Treating every person we serve with respect while teaching them to respect themselves and others
- Responsibility – Modeling and teaching personal responsibility while providing structure and biblical direction
- Relationships – Building caring and nurturing one-on-one relationships that offer healing, help and hope for a better future
As a member of the Leadership Team, this position assumes responsibility for planning, implementing and managing daily operations in a professional, efficient and effective manner.
- Work with executive program development team to develop new programs
- Strategic planning
- Implement Policies and Procedures
- Increase client participation
- Manage intake, oversight and direction for program participants
- Promote the spiritual and emotional growth of residents
- Manage the resident work program and job placement
- Coordinate, direct and monitor all classes and training
- Oversee daily operations and staff members
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers
- Risk Management
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with a track record of integrity, unquestionable work ethic, and excellent written and oral communication skills. This person should be a team player with a positive attitude, a servant’s heart and passion for ministry, as well as natural talents of strategic thinking, organization, time management, and problem solving.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have a college degree or experience in business or ministry administration or similar relevant field. Excellent IT and computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft and database software management and experience in business operations are essential. Candidates must also agree to adopt and be guided by the Sunshine Ministries philosophy of ministry which focuses on quality Christian social services that offer a hand up as opposed to a hand out to those in need in the inner city of St. Louis.
This is a full-time salaried position. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.