DOORWAYS, a nationally known interfaith non-profit, empowers clients to overcome poverty, HIV/AIDS, and homelessness by providing numerous social services. Now in its 33rd year, DOORWAYS has progressed to a multi-million dollar agency that assists over 3,000 clients annually. Even in the midst of a pandemic, the organization continues to grow while focusing on improving the quality of life for those we serve. We’re most excited about our next chapter: a new campus in 2022 that will allow for even greater community outreach.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
The chance to work in a diverse and employee-centered environment with a staff that exudes endless compassion. DOORWAYS is a fast-paced and jovial workplace that offers many competitive benefits: health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability coverage), tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, two Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), a 403(b) retirement plan, a flexible spending account, a health reimbursement agreement, paid parental leave, personal time off (PTO), and mileage reimbursement. DOORWAYS offers countless training opportunities throughout the year, and we always make time for team-building/fun. The Agency is also a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The person filling the Social Worker position is responsible for providing case management services to clients of our Residential Care Facility (RCF) or linking/referring clients to appropriate resources. This position will work alongside the Lead Social Worker in the department and assist with writing treatment plans, progress notes, discharge plans, crisis interventions, and assisting with the emotional needs of the resident and family members. This position takes part in the Medicaid Waiver screening process and gathers information for grant reporting purposes. The chosen applicant for this role must undergo a nationwide criminal background check and submit to a drug test and physical. In addition, the Social Worker is responsible for the following:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain chart records, treatment plans, assessments and progress notes;
• Oversee and maintain care plan meetings/processes for all Cooper House residents, while meeting with them regularly and providing individual therapy for substance abuse and mental health issues as needed;
• Meet with Waiver case managers and monthly with Ryan White case managers to discuss HIV/AIDS-related policies, strategies and new developments in the field;
• Assist in all stages of the Medicaid Waiver process, including screening potential residents, scheduling move-ins, and ensuring all paperwork is properly completed at move-in;
• Maintain accurate resident data that is needed for monthly/annual reports and can easily be reported out to Agency executives and outside stakeholders;
• Take an active role in meetings between residents and their healthcare providers and provide assistance in the development of their treatment;
• Work with Administrator to address resident concerns and pinpoint areas where additional policies and procedures are needed;
• Serve as part of the Interdisciplinary team in the department;
• Take an active role in meetings between residents and their mental healthcare providers.
This position may require working off-site for events and meetings. Assigned hours are at the discretion of the Cooper House Administrator and will generally include usual office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. The Social Worker will be on-call should emergencies arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Master’s degree in Social Work is highly preferred with three years professional experience.
• A minimum of one-year experience of intensive case management with HIV/AIDS population preferred.
• A broad understanding of HIV/AIDS, mental disorders, substance abuse and homelessness.
• Knowledge of HIV case management and residential care preferred.
• Experience with Medicaid Waiver screening preferred.
• Experience with substance/chemical abuse preferred.
• Experience with Residential Care Facilities preferred.
• Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, high energy work environment.
• Must be able to work well as a team member and also be a self-starter who is able to work independently.
• Must have a positive attitude on a daily basis and work well under pressure, short-term deadline situations.
• Excellent writing and language skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job announcement reflects the general nature of the work anticipated in this position. It is illustrative only and not meant to encompass all possible duties the Lead Social Worker may be called upon to perform or all conditions that an employee may encounter during the course and scope of employment. DOORWAYS’ leadership has the right to assign or re-assign duties to this position at any time.
DOORWAYS provides equal employment and social service opportunity to all regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, ability, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no phone calls or solicitations