Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
The Stewardship Coordinator will work in collaboration with all levels of the SIUE Foundation cross-functional team, University leadership, Information Technology Services (ITS), University Marketing and Communication (UMC), and other campus partners to manage the University acknowledgement and stewardship strategy and processes, and to build strong partnerships with SIUE leadership, the academic units, Intercollegiate Athletics and Alumni Affairs.
Duties for the Stewardship Coordinator will include:
- Manage the strategy and processes of SIUE’s donor acknowledgment plan including customized acknowledgements, tracking levels of giving, and preparing annual reports;
- Assist in the database (Blackbaud) management system including, data pulls, creating dashboards and tracking and reporting on various stewardship and donor engagement metrics;
- Create various internal and external communications as necessary to further the stewardship mission and help ensure data-driven decisions;
- Ensure effective utilization of privately-funded scholarships including managing the Academic Works/Awards Management online scholarship tracking system and provide support to various other campus system users;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate files and system records of gift agreements and endowment reports;
- Work in collaboration with Foundation, Development Directors, University leadership, and UMC partners to create marketing collateral, campaign materials, mailings, etc;
- Create opportunities for additional donor recognition and identify opportunities to connect donors and fund recipients as well as foster meaningful relationships between donors and recipients including scholarship events, reporting materials, etc.
Additionally, the Stewardship Coordinator provides general administrative support to members of the team as necessary. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the Foundation’s and University’s missions and goals. Due to the professional needs of this position as well as the scheduling of special events, occasional evening, weekend, or outside of normal business hours may be required.
This position is a current civil service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and will close to applicants at end of business day, 11:59 pm CST, on the posting end date. SIUE offers an exceptional array of benefits to all full-time and part-time (50% or more) employees including medical, dental and life insurance; tuition waivers; financial savings plans; vacation and sick leave; and pension plan as part of a total compensation package to eligible employees.
To Apply for this Vacancy:
Click the “Apply for Position” button at the top of the job description page. This will prompt you to access your existing HireTouch account or create a new account, only create a new account if you have NEVER done so previously. After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete the required SIUE application documents for each individual position.
Applicants must submit a completed Civil Service Application, which must include complete employment history, through HireTouch. If you do not possess any employment history, you must indicate this within the employment history section of the application. Your application should reflect all relevant skills and experience related to the minimum qualifications listed for this position. While a resume may be submitted with the application, data for each employer must be listed on this application form. (The words “See Resume” may only be used as a substitute in the section entitled “Specific Duties Performed”.) If the application is incomplete you will not be considered for the position as our office will be unable to evaluate your application to determine if you possess the required minimum qualifications.
If qualifying by education or to qualify for a required educational prerequisite, you must submit your transcripts, including those for SIUE, at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteran’s preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. For additional information, please visit: Eligibility Criteria and Point Allocation and Proof of Eligibility. Please submit any other licenses or certifications related to the position at the time of application.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment. Some positions are represented by a union and may require union dues.
PLEASE NOTE: For all Civil Service positions, Illinois residency is required within 180 calendar days of the start date for the designated position.
For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/human-resources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is focused on preserving the health and safety of our community while serving our students with excellence. We want our community to thrive, our institution to remain open, and our students, faculty, and staff to remain healthy. Whether on-ground or remotely, we are providing information on our plans to Shape a Changing World with safety as a priority.
For more information on Our Cougar Commitment, visit our COVID-19 response website at: https://www.siue.edu/about/announcements/coronavirus/
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, management, communications, marketing or related field.
2. A total of three (3) year (36 months) in education, training, and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position.*
Note: Master’s degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience as noted in qualification #2.
– Experience with Blackbaud.
– Fundraising/database management experience in higher education.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville nurtures an open, respectful, and welcoming climate that facilitates learning and work. SIUE is committed to education that explores the historic significance of diversity in order to understand the present and to better enable our community to engage the future. Integral to this commitment, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville strives for a student body and a workforce that is both diverse and inclusive. For more on our Statement of Diversity, visit: https://www.siue.edu/about/mission-goals-plans/diversity.shtml