St. Martha's Hall
The Development Coordinator will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising and relationship management, including working with a team to create and implement the fundraising development and communications strategy, as well as donor and grant research and tracking. As part of the St. Martha’s Hall team, the Development Coordinator will advocate for the equality, dignity, and humanity of all people by working for social justice.
- Manage the donor/prospective donor database by adding and updating contact information, inputting gift information, and generating reports to measure progress toward goals.
- Support the implementation of ongoing fundraising efforts including end of year and spring appeals as well as other specific requests for funding.
- Develop and execute communication with friends and donors including generating gift acknowledgments and thank you notes; generating pledge reminders; designing and distributing the Annual Impact Statement; assisting the Development Team in designing and distributing regular newsletters; developing other printed materials and mailings.
- Develop and maintain content for communications through social media and the organization’s website, including cataloging photos, videos and stories that capture the vibrancy of the organization.
- Assist in planning and executing donor cultivation, fundraising and stewardship events. Work with the Development Team to envision, plan and execute events that are in keeping with the organization’s spirit, including small gatherings/friend raisers, invitations to events.
- Foster relationships between donors/prospective donors and getting to donors and actively seeking to increase the circle of supporters.
- Assist in coordinating with the finance manager and accountant on monthly reconciliation of funds received, ongoing tracking of restricted funds expended, and annual work with auditors to provide information, documentation, and backup reports.
- Assist in researching and identifying new donor prospects and grant opportunities.
- Some experience working in fundraising or project organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to use various databases such as Salesforce and MailChimp.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through with minimal direction
- Attention to detail, project management skills and being highly organized a must
- Flexibility in varied job assignments
- Willingness to pitch in when/where needed
- Upbeat, positive attitude and good sense of humor, a plus
- An understanding of and belief in the mission of St. Martha’s Hall
- Ability to work with compassion and patience in the domestic violence survivor environment
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Email cover letter and resume to Gina Joly at firstname.lastname@example.org.