Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of St. Louis
KEEPING FAMILIES CLOSE
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis is to provide comfort, care and a home-away-from-home for families of seriously ill children. Our objective is to enable families to practice family-centered care by providing them with all of the basic comforts of home.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis has a full-time Event Manager position open. This position is part of a mission-focused team of professionals providing compassion and hospitality to families with seriously ill children.
This position manages the implementation of RMHC and select third party sponsored special events. This position also oversees the Recycle for RMHC Program.
As part of the RMHC management, the position collaborates with the leadership team to achieve position and organizational goals in support of the RMHC mission and Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience with fundraising special events preferred
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial goal-setting
- Knowledgeable in Office 365
- Database, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva email marketing, and desktop publishing program experience preferred
- High level of customer service
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must be able to manage staff and volunteers
- Ability to adjust schedule to fit organization needs
- Night and weekend meetings and events
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Innovation Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Presentation Skills
- Assists with developing financial goals, innovative strategies and logistical plans for:
- RMHC major fundraising events
- Recycle for RMHC
- Additional fundraising opportunities
- Manages all aspects of special events:
- Planning and implementation
- Communication with leadership, staff, committee members, and other volunteers
- Budgeting, analysis and review of revenue and expenses
- Sponsorship and auction item acquisition
- Scheduling and facilitation of committee and sub-committee meetings, member recruitment and retention
- Coordinate internal departments event responsibilities
- Donor recognition and cultivation
- Recruiting and managing special event volunteers
- Manages assigned annual budgets
- Works with assigned committees
- Regular and reliable attendance
Must be able to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects. Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 25 lbs. Must be able to frequently climb stairs, including up to 3 flights, and frequently walk distances up to approximately 80 yards. Must be able to travel between RMH locations as needed.
Please visit https://rmhcstl.com/careers-internships/ to apply directly to this posting.