Angels’ Arms is seeking a driven and organized individual to assume responsibility for the planning, coordination, and execution of four organization-led events and assist with third-party fundraising events in collaboration with community supporters.
The position requires the person to be highly flexible in regards to hours. Hours will average 20 hours per week but can go up or down, depending on the time of year and if a fundraising event is in the near future. Note that the Angels’ Arms annual auction is in November and the position will require more hours between the months of September through November.
– Maintain, organize and manage existing and new events from concept to completion, including, date, location, decor, food and beverage, publicity, and sponsorships, ensuring the events operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and positive exposure, including but not limited to:
– Monitor and prepare ongoing event budgets
– Manage special event volunteer groups and committees
– Work with the Marketing team in the creation of promotional materials and all event marketing, including invitations, flyers, programs, and slideshow presentations
– Provide effective direction to staff regarding event details
– Must be able to supervise and attend special events, at times requiring evening and/or weekend work.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
– High School diploma or equivalent required
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– Prior experience with event planning is a plus
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
– Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects and tasks
– Ability to take responsibility for work and manage time effectively
– Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
– Familiarity with the importance of teamwork (promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.)
– Ability to track expenses and revenues and remain within a budget
– Excellent writing and communication skills a must
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
About Angels’ Arms:
Angels’ Arms, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in St. Louis, MO, engages the community to support foster families in our loving homes and beyond, keeping siblings together, and allowing kids to surpass the limits of foster care. For more information, visit www.angelsarms.org.
Angels’ Arms is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.