Gateway Region YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.
- Be actively involved in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects ($1K and above) with special focus on five figure multi-year gifts to support Association Comprehensive priorities including Annual
- Campaign, capital, programmatic and endowment
- Manage a portfolio of relationships following a moves management process to move donors to higher levels of engagement and giving
- Develop individual donor strategies focused on new gifts and upgrade of donor gifts
- Provide strategic leadership to Branch Comprehensive Campaigns as needed, such as recruiting and engaging volunteers and implementing major gift strategies in support of campaign goals
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy and CDO, VP of Philanthropy in collaboration with DVP’s and Branch Executives to develop strategies for the branches major gifts prospects to move them toward a solicitation
- Serves as a member of the Association Philanthropy team and work closely with the Senior VP of Philanthropy and CDO, VP of Philanthropy to provide expertise and input for the strategies, best practices, systems and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of direct major gifts experience preferred
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Chrome and experience with, and understanding of, Raiser’s Edge and related programs
- Ability to travel to multiple locations and maintain a flexible schedule to meet with donors and attend special events
Minimum of 18 years of age
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V