Gene Slay's Girls & Boys Club
Organization Description: Manager of Finance is committed to the 90+-year history of providing exceptional youth development programs and will support the Gene Slay’s Girls & Boys Club (GSGBC) mission to empower girls and boys in the St. Louis metropolitan area, especially those who need us most, to realize their physical, intellectual, and emotional potential. GSGBC utilizes Trauma Informed practices to create an organizational culture that is nonviolent, democratic, socially responsive, emotionally intelligence, growth, and change.
Responsibilities and Priorities:
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Full general ledger accounting in Sage Peachtree, including and posting transactions in journals and the general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, and coding invoices and receipts to correct location and departments
- Prepare and issue invoices for pledges and other accounts receivable, track and follow-up on late accounts.
- Assure all payroll is coded to correct department and location – GJE at end of month
- Prepare and issue invoices/pledges, track, and follow-up on late accounts
- Pay invoices in a timely manner
- Do the bank deposit either in person or remotely
- Maintain bank account records, reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Collaborate with Development Department to account for and audit all charitable gifts and perform monthly balancing between Sage Peachtree and Development office.
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements, budgets, and financial reports, including various accounting summaries and reports as requested and cash flow reports.
- Compile, maintain and produce statistics and reports for the ED to be presented to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate annual audit and prepare all documents required for completing the audit and the 990 tax forms
- Process mail daily
- Create and maintain an accounting manual
- Submit monthly invoice for childcare subsidy through the Child Care Online Invoice System
- Coordinate stock donations
- Gifts in kind management
- Monthly posting of investment statements to assure the Balance sheet balances with the statements.
- Responsible for leading annual agency budget process
- Responsible for grant reporting – such as copying invoices and creating payroll reports
- Maintain files of trusts statements and record incomes when received
- Maintain records and allocations of designated funding-payroll and expenses
- Credit card management
Payroll/Benefits and Accounting:
· Enter new hire info into accounting software for payroll
· Ensure all employees have completed new hire information such as W-4’s, I-9’s and E-Verify through ADP TotalSource
· Manage benefit enrollment and post 401K contributions
· Maintain all records of salary information and benefits
· Maintain payroll information by collecting and calculating pay and deductions and entering data and reports to ADP TotalSource
· Update payroll records by entering changes in salaries deductions and job title and department/division transfers and reporting to ADP TotalSource
· Recruitment and coordination of United Way contributions
· Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
· Ensure all payroll information that is sent to ADP TotalSource is error free
· Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
· Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
· Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
· Enter hourly time in on-line ADP TotalSource and keep timecards according to the retention policy established by the Club
· Keep records of all reports from ADP TotalSource concerning payroll such as federal, state and city taxes and withholding
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· 5-10 years’ experience in accounting and reporting in nonprofit sectors.
· Clear understanding of the work and mission of GSGBC and the ability to carry out the vision as defined by the Executive Director and the Club Board
· Experience with the accounting software Sage Peachtree Quanatum for Non-Profits
· Experience with ADP payroll systems preferred
· Must be skilled in Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
· Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functions of GSGBC
· Must pass the health and employment requirements set by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services as a condition of employment
Qualified Candidates submit cover letter and resume to HR@gsgbcstl.org.