Variety the Children's Charity of St. Louis
Program Team Specialist—Full-Time
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis (Variety) empowers children with physical and developmental disabilities to engage in their world as fully as possible. Variety is seeking a team member to support both the recreation team (implements Variety recreational programs) as well as the health services team (facilitates funding support for medical equipment and therapy). The successful candidate will be passionate about the Variety mission of making the impossible possible; helping build a world where children’s abilities are redefined, and possibilities are reimagined.
The successful candidate will support Variety summer and winter camp, other various recreational programs, as well as provide operational support to the equipment and therapy programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
Under guidance of Recreation Team leadership
· Plan and execute summer and winter camp sessions including:
Ø Coordination of camp venues, supplies and other logistics
Ø Development of camp activities and daily and weekly schedules
Ø Varying supervision/oversight of camp operations, including camp staff
Ø Management support of camp payroll and HR functions
· Organize and eventually lead, with varying degrees of responsibility, other various Variety recreation programs throughout the year.
· Support the operations of both the medical equipment and therapy programs including:
Ø Billing/data processing
Ø Management of the outcomes survey process
Ø Communication with Variety families for equipment/therapy enrollment
Ø Exploration of new equipment/therapy offerings
A successful candidate will have/be:
· Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, education, social work, therapy or related field; degree in special education preferred
· 1-2 years of experience in recreational programming
· Employment history that includes working with children, ideally working with kids with special needs
· Microsoft Office proficient
· Excellent organization skills
· Problem solver with a focus on solutions
· Flexible and able to respond quickly and appropriately in changing or stressful situations
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
· Self-starter with ability to follow through on project tasks
· Strong attention to detail
· Comfortable with scenario planning
· Comfortable interacting, communicating and building relationships with a broad range of people from program participants, parents, staff and vendors
· Positive attitude and team player
· High energy and a passion for Variety’s mission
This role is full-time, working 40 hours per week. Compensation will be contingent on experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Robin Diehl, Senior Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Variety welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status.
All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.