Ready Readers Communication Coordinator-Job Description
Job Title: Communication Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
Ready Readers shares the joy and power of literacy with young children in our community. The Communications Coordinator is an essential member of our small but strong team, focused on increasing funding and brand awareness. This position works closely with the development team and the Executive Director. Join us as we increase equity in education and prepare children for a lifetime of reading!
· Assist Development team in building, implementing, and evaluating annual development and communication plans.
· Support the Development Director, the development team, and key fundraising committee to execute an annual stewardship strategy and ensure its successful fulfillment, especially for the Giving Campaign.
· Create and send donor acknowledgements in a timely manner (48 hours) and in accordance with development department standards. Maintain donor records for the organization.
· Organize and ensure timely donor mailings throughout the year as planned.
· Work regularly with system at all levels to pull lists, create fundraising templates, assist in database clean-up and maintenance.
Increasing Brand Awareness
· Lead in planning, creating, and managing a communication and marketing calendar for the organization.
· Manage social media presence including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and website with an equity lens.
· Design dashboards, presentations, reports as well as compose correspondence with an equity lens.
· Proof and edit written materials to assure completeness and accuracy.
· Produce marketing materials for program team as needed with an equity lens.
· Monitor and manage branding guidelines in all materials.
· Coordinate and oversee any photoshoots and video productions.
· Attend all staff meetings and trainings as appropriate.
· All other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
· Passion for the Ready Readers mission and values.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in non-profit management, business, marketing, communications, or related field.
· Minimum 1- 3 years’ experience in development, ideally in a smaller organization.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience managing a fundraising database and data analysis skills.
· Must be a flexible self-starter and possess the ability to effectively multi-task and work under minimal supervision.
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Strategic thinker. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, set deadlines, and complete projects in a timely manner while maintaining high levels of performance.
· Ability to motivate and engage with fellow staff members, volunteers, and colleagues, as well as external community for networking and partnership building.
· Computer proficiency in Windows environment. Basic proficiency in the MS Office Suite to include: Outlook, Word, Excel. Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word preferred. Expertise in social media.
· Graphic Design experience preferred: specifically, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or Canva.com.
· Knowledge of Constant Contact or similar platform.
· Knowledge of WordPress website editing is a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt position and includes health care, vacation, and holiday pay.
Salary range: $41,000-$46,000
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31. The subject line should read CC (last name).
About Ready Readers
Ready Readers is a local nonprofit organization with the mission to expand literacy for young children in low-income communities through high-quality books, strong relationships, and literacy related experiences. We serve over 12,000 young children in the St. Louis area, and our volunteers are critical to our mission. To learn more, please visit: www.readyreaders.org.
Ready Readers is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.