Citizens for Modern Transit
Citizens for Modern Transit is seeking a Program and Social Media Associate who would be responsible for social media, website management, the oversight of programming like Ten Toe Express and overall organizational support. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive compensation package.
As Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) continues to further its transit advocacy efforts – locally, regionally and across the state – the organization is seeking a Program and Social Media Associate to help build the organization. A talented, hardworking, self-starter with social media and website experience, as well as ability to lead some programming, is preferred. The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications skillsets. A background in and passion for public transportation is also strongly recommended.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Furthering the day-to-day tasks that advance CMT’s programming goals and services.
Managing administrative details related to the organization’s ongoing programmatic and membership activities.
Supporting the establishment and execution of metrics for on-going assessment of programs
Leading Ten Toe Express program management and planning (2 sessions annually)
Monitoring social media channels and alerting appropriate staff of any issues or changes, as needs arise.
Creating and managing monthly social media content plans across multiple platforms
Updating and managing website
Creating content for website, including monthly and weekly eblasts.
Creating and tabulating surveys and survey data on an ongoing basis.
Managing database for programs and membership
Supporting logistical event planning (meeting/event coordination, reservation management, meal orders, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in communications, social media management and/or advocacy work
- Experience in website development
- Ability to build and maintain community partnerships and collaborations
- Committed to the principles of public transit and possesses a strong desire to work with other groups to further the mission of CMT
- Capable of working independently
- Demonstrates versatility and ability to deliver results
- Adaptability to changing job requirements a strong plus
CMT is an equal opportunity employer. For confidential consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT. Resumes must be received no later than 5 p.m. on June 6, 2022. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Initial interviews will begin in mid-June 2022.