Guardian Angel Settlement Association
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
For more than 160 years, Guardian Angel Settlement Association (GASA) has been operating on the settlement house philosophy of neighbors helping neighbors. GASA supports individuals and families with emergency resources and self-sufficiency programs to help clients achieve economic independence. We believe in helping people explore possibilities rather than be limited by improbabilities. Through its early childcare center, rental and utility assistance, food pantry, and other social service programs, GASA works to empower and educate its clients in targeted neighborhoods within the St. Louis area. For more information, visit GASA’s website at http://gasastl.org.
Poised for continued growth, GASA is seeking a CEO who thrives on making the next chapter of an organization’s vision come to life. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will serve as key leader for a dedicated internal team and a base of passionate stakeholders motivated to serving under-resourced populations in the local St. Louis community.
YOUR MISSION AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
· ADVANCE THE MISSION OF GASA [Executive Leadership & Board Relations] – Partner closely with the Board of Directors to further GASA’s vision and mission, including any potential merger discussions for strategic growth. Engage the Board through transparent communication regarding financial and operational performance while providing inspiration and alignment for team members. Ensure excellent internal operations, develop a well-researched annual operating budget, maintain sound financial processes and procedures, partner with CPA firm on the annual organizational audit and maintain safe and secure physical and technological resources.
· INSPIRE TALENT & FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE [Team Leadership] – Lead and align a high-performing team of 4+ passionate team members, including leaders in social services, the childcare center, development, and operations. Create a collaborative culture that promotes teamwork, trust, transparency, and accountability. Foster professional development and evaluate performance while encouraging the team to maximize strengths. Partner with the team to further define clear and consistent roles and responsibilities to maximize efficiency, productivity and employees’ strengths and motivations.
· BUILD & EXPAND INSTITUTIONAL RESOURCES [Fundraising & Development] – Identify opportunities to generate funds for the ongoing sustainability of the organization and ensure services are accessible for individuals in need. Drive donor identification and directly participate in cultivating relationships and soliciting support. Oversee and support staff in developing annual and long-term fund development strategies. Oversee the event strategy and all donor cultivation efforts, including grants, endowment growth, major gifts, annual giving, and planned gifts.
· NURTURE PROGRAMS & OPTIMIZE OUTREACH EFFORTS [Program Oversight & Client Support] – Oversee and ensure excellence and impact in all GASA programming and services. Support staff in further development of the childcare center, including teacher recruitment and retention efforts. Leverage staff and social service programs to maximize impact with the local community.
· BE THE VOICE & FACE OF GASA [Marketing, Community Engagement, & Public Relations] – Represent GASA as a well-respected partner and advocate in the St Louis area. Present GASA mission and programs to prospective donors, organizations, and community partners and develop new programmatic and partnership opportunities to advance GASA’s mission. Manage and elevate GASA’s brand in the community. Consistently and effectively represent GASA and its mission at events, on regional committees, and, in media.
IS THIS A MATCH FOR YOU?
· You have a strong passion for the mission of GASA, including an unwavering commitment to providing resources and solutions for underserved populations in the St. Louis area.
· You have gained 8-10+ years of progressive leadership experience, including a demonstrated record of success in the development of people, processes, and organizational resources. Experience must include 3+ years of leadership for a team of direct reports, including an ability to inspire and motivate, to manage conflict, and, to foster a healthy organizational culture through teamwork and collaboration.
· Your experience includes a proven track record and/or aptitude for identifying key resources and developing funds. Familiarity with best practices in annual giving, endowments, events, grants, and major gifts is preferred.
· You are well-versed in proactively communicating with internal and external stakeholders. You confidently interact with team members at all levels and react with diplomacy and tact. You bring experience communicating a vision and prospective road map to key stakeholders and community constituent, and you build relationships with an inclusive, collaborative leadership style.
· You are a servant-leader with the ability and desire to flex between strategic and tactical priorities required. Superior project management skills and a proactive mindset is required.
· You have developed a solid business acumen, including strong technology skills and a data-driven approach. Four-year college degree required. Advanced degree and/or relevant certification preferred. Familiarity with government compliance and/or Head Start programs a plus.
WHY JOIN US?
· MAKE A FOREVER IMPACT IN THE SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY – Become part of a journey in providing accessible, high-quality services and childcare for individuals and families in the St. Louis area. We are seeking a senior leader who is passionate about making a difference and is seeking a forever impact in their work.
· ENGAGED BOARD & DEDICATED EMPLOYEES – Our Board of Directors are engaged and committed to strategic organizational growth. GASA’s dedicated staff are passionate about carrying out the mission and impacting the lives of individuals and families through their services and programs.
· OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD & INNOVATE WITH BEST PRACTICES – You will lead with the freedom to build, innovate, and guide the organization’s strategy with creativity and best practices to promote mission advancement efforts.
· WE ARE EVOLVING AS AN ORGANIZATION – As an organization itself, GASA continues to evolve. Evolution is at our core, and we believe it is critical to achieving ongoing strategic goals. We are seeking a senior leader with the vision, drive, and operational expertise required to support GASA on its journey to a next set of critical milestones.
· COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION & BENEFITS – GASA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 401K plan; tuition reimbursement; and professional development opportunities.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This position must be based on-site in St. Louis, Missouri. The position will collaborate with the local team and partner closely with the Board of Directors, key donors, and other stakeholders. Occasional evening and weekend events and minimal travel are required.
READY TO APPLY?
Please direct all questions, referrals, and applications to our retained search consultants at Occhio Search & Recruitment. Contact Angie Akerman (email@example.com) or Hannah Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. All resumes, referrals and inquiries will be held strictly confidential.
Guardian Angel Settlement Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome differences in form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply and we look forward to hearing from you!