Title: Program Manager
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Load: 8 hour workday w/some flexibility
Salary: $57,000 – $65,000 annually
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: St. Louis, MO (remote available when necessary, some travel possible)
Gateway Global is a training and workforce development organization headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Our mission is to help U.S. companies and governments remain globally competitive by training and upskilling a racially and geographically diverse workforce in now and next generation technologies that support U.S. Critical Infrastructure.
The Program Manager helps to develop and implement strategies for outreach, recruitment, retention, and advising for the E2E and G2G programs for youth and adults. The PM will function as a liaison between program staff and executives providing reporting, strategy, reviews, and general oversight of program staff. The PM is responsible for coordinating across the state of Missouri and with national partners and may be required to travel effectively to perform duties.
● Assists CEO with management and compliance of the GEOINT/GIS Technician, CISCO Network Technician, CyberSecurity Specialist, and Robotics Technician local, state, and national virtual and in-person training programs
● Oversees daily program operations and act as supervising intermediary between Director of Curriculum & Instruction, government agencies, grant writing consultants, and CEO
● Engages with the grant writing team and assists with grant proposals, preparation and budgeting
● Assists CEO with researching and identifying grant and other funding opportunities and coordinates with the grant writing team
● Identifies funding and academic resources for programs, structures plan for the organization to offer programs and works with Director of Curriculum & Instruction on implementation
● Oversees the Program Coordinators’ coordination of training between schools (or districts), colleges, employers, program coordinator, and instructors
● Oversees case management process and evaluation(s) of student trainees and regularly updates case management protocol and policies to be communicated to and coordinated with the Program Coordinators
● Works with Director of Curriculum & Instruction on scheduling of program instructors for virtual and in-person training sessions
● Oversees trainee records management and maintenance in partnership with the Program Coordinators
Manages policies and procedures related to trainees’ performance and attendance and creates reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis with outcomes and challenges
● Assists CEO with presentations, events, and speaking engagements as needed
● Works with Program Coordinators on marketing and outreach activities and strategies and reports outcomes from such activities to the CEO
● Manages organization’s portfolio of accreditations and certifications for state(s) and national
● Ensures that all Program information and marketing collateral is maintained and updated regularly with accurate and relevant information for instructors, students, and partner POCs by coordinating with Program Coordinator responsible for marketing and outreach activities
● Identifies and manages scheduling of SME guests for speaker series for training cohorts in coordination with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction
● Manages mentor portfolio and creates reporting on outcomes
● Assists CEO with keeping all organizational programming accounts and licenses up to date and in compliance and responds to renewals and issues promptly
● Oversees the management of all programming standards and maintains high organizational standards with regard to program delivery and alignment with industry standards
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field plus 5+ years of experience performing the duties of this role.
● Demonstrated experience working with workforce development, training, internship or apprenticeship programs for youth and adults either in industry or government.
● Demonstrated experience with grant research and writing
● Demonstrated knowledge of pre-apprenticeship training and apprenticeship and technical occupations, nature of work performed, and U.S. Department of Labor and other state and local government requirements for compliance and implementation.
● Willingness and dedication to stay current on trends and policies related to program management, apprenticeship, higher education, and workforce development within the assigned state.
● Client-focused and student-oriented experience.
● Experience in educational marketing, recruitment, relationship building, and community engagement.
● Capable and willing to give presentations in person or virtually to promote program and recruit partners and participants.
● Self-starter and ability to work remotely (when necessary) with very little supervision
● Self-motivated with leadership and team building skills and possessing creativity, innovation, and originality of thought
● Available for weekly meetings with CEO and quarterly meetings with Board member(s) about progress or challenges of Programs
● Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment in-office or remotely
● Ability to keep leadership and management abreast of industry and government trends and updates in workforce development or higher education related to apprenticeship programming
● Ability to maintain, create, or update organizational documents and records on an ongoing basis
● Willingness to learn and eagerness to take advantage of self-taught or professional development opportunities
● Professional in appearance, demeanor, mannerisms, and attitude at all times with a focus on serving the customer and quickly and effectively resolving issues with instructors, schools, POCs, etc. as they arise
● Orderly manner, organized, and keeping a neat, clean, and welcoming team office and personal workspace
● Ethical, honest, and works with integrity and the purpose of following organizational policy and social norms and responsibilities at all times.
EXPECTED MINIMUM SKILLS and CAPABILITIES:
● PC and or MAC
● Windows MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Excel
● Google docs
● Google Classroom platform
● Grant management and database software
● Canvas Instructure platform
● Google Calendar/Calendly/Hubspot Calendar
● ZOOM Conference
● Microsoft TEAMS Conference
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly with an emphasis on self management and management of others. The employee is required to publicly speak. The employee is required to reach with arms and hands, balance, lean, and move from one location to another. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift and transport files and reports is required. Employees must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
Gateway Global provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
All roles are subject to a background check and drug screening. All candidates required to be an American citizen or legally eligible to work in the United States.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
Email resume and executive summary to email@example.com with SUBJECT LINE: Program Manager Role