CASA DE SALUD
ABOUT CASA DE SALUD
The mission of Casa de Salud (Casa) is to facilitate and deliver high quality medical and mental health services for uninsured and underinsured patients, focusing on new immigrants and refugees who face barriers to accessing other sources of care. Casa is unique in that it is the only organization in the metro area that offers the new immigrant community low-cost access while also acting as a portal to other services through our collaboration with numerous health and social service organizations throughout the metro St. Louis area.
The Clinical Services Coordinator (CSC) manages the day-to-day clinical operations of Casa’s foundational program which provides direct access to primary and specialty care for patients who are under and uninsured. They accomplish this goal through collaboration with clinical team members, including medical assistants, volunteer providers, interpreters, scribes, medical students, patient care coordinators, and receptionists. The CSC oversees the implementation of community health initiatives, such as immunization programs, STI testing, and chronic disease management. The CSC manages data of clinical outcomes and reports to the Clinical Services Manager to inform strategic initiatives and goals of the clinic.
- Supervises medical assistants and works with and supervises students as appropriate
- Cross-trains clinical support team members
- Assists volunteer medical providers, interpreters, and scribe as needed to ensure smooth clinical operations
- Performs clinical duties as needed, including nursing assessment of clients, on-site labs, immunizations, medication administration (such as, injections), blood pressure and blood sugar checks, and client health education
- Triages patients by phone; contacts providers as needed; and makes referrals to the Urgent Care, Emergency Room, or other community resources as appropriate
- Coordinates daily operations, including patient and clinical team interactions, and is available to assist in the decision-making process for next steps in treatment of patients
- Ensures clinical team documents patient care using Casa’s
- Electronic Health Record and monitors monthly audit results for process improvement
- Coordinates medically-licensed provider lab reviews, patient communication, and follow-up care
- Orders medical supplies and manages inventory
- Coordinates prescription refill request process with the help of the medical assistant team
- Oversees lab compliance and monthly quality control testing, and ensures all medical equipment is properly functioning
- Performs monthly chart reviews to ensure quality documentation practices
- Helps complete monthly reports to monitor progress on community health goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of clinical and healthcare-related concepts
Medical triage skills and experience
Excellent interpersonal and health communication skills
Strong professional written communication skills
Strong, collaborative problem-solving skills
Oral and written fluency in English required; written and oral Spanish fluency preferred
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; RN required
Commitment to working with medically underserved patient populations
Clinical operations experience, including purchasing and inventory management for medical supplies and immunizations
Primary care setting experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite software
Experience with electronic medical record documentation preferred, and ability to learn to use Casa’s electronic medical record required
Performs other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a typical clinic and office environment, with some work completed remotely
Occasional evening and weekend activities
Average physical effort with some handling of light weights such as supplies or materials on an infrequent basis (10-15 pounds)
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401(k) investment accounts with 3% employer match
Paid time off including holidays
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Casa de Salud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Position is open until filled; first reviews begin immediately.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to the President and CEO, Diego Abente, at email@example.com, or mail to 3200 Chouteau Ave. St. Louis, MO 63103.
Learn more about mission and work — www.casadesaludstl.org