Job Class: Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
FamilyForward leads the community in providing innovative solutions for advancing safer, healthier relationships for children and families.
FamilyForward moves vulnerable children in the direction of hope by delivering comprehensive therapeutic and educational services to support biological, foster, and adoptive families.
- Out Front: We are leaders in the use of innovative tools and methods to get better results for the children and families we serve. We prefer to set the pace, testing new ideas and collecting data; always striving to make the biggest impact we can.
- Whole Hearted: We are tirelessly committed to the vision and mission of FamilyForward. We use our unique talents and expertise to serve our clients and community with compassion, acceptance, and respect.
- Rock Solid: We are responsible stewards of an organization with a long and proud history of service. Reliable, trustworthy, and hard-working, we do whatever it takes to get the job done, even when no one is watching.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will develop a high level of awareness and financial support for FamilyForward’s vision and mission through planning, development, and implementation of all internal and external communications, public relations activities, and marketing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees FamilyForward’s brand and positioning, internal and external communications; media relations; website; public awareness and marketing initiatives; social media; development, execution, and evaluation of communications strategies for the agency. Primary working relationships inside the agency include the Chief Development Officer and Development department, executive and clinical leadership, staff, and volunteers. Outside the agency, the position coordinates with the media, other non-profit organizations, donors, and corporate partners. Carries out the vision, mission, and values of FamilyForward by completing the following functions:
- Facilitate internal and external communications, including development, production, and distribution of materials, speeches, reports, and presentations; manage composition, editorial direction, and design of agency communications, including all publications, website, social media, media relations, donor relations, community outreach, and collaborations;
- Develop marketing strategies; create, implement, and measure the success of comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations plans to enhance the agency’s brand, image, and position within the marketplace and with the public, and to significantly increase awareness of agency’s vision and mission;
- Develop and implement plans for effective and timely use of appropriate digital and social media channels (website, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube); gather and analyze performance metrics to demonstrate results and enable decision making;
- Ensure consistent communication of FamilyForward’s desired brand, image, and position throughout the community and agency, and to all audiences, both internal and external, to effectively engage constituents (staff, donors, community partners, governmental entities) in financial and non-financial support of the agency;
- Ensure appropriate use and consistency of branding and messaging within and across the agency, including print and digital materials such as letterhead, brochures, website, social media, and graphic assets;
- Coordinate media interest in FamilyForward and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests; provide training to respond to public relations issues thereby creating confidence within the leadership to be able to respond quickly and appropriately to public relations issues;
- Collaborate and participate in planning and implementation of special events to ensure success;
- Produce videos to educate constituents about FamilyForward’s services and encourage financial and non-financial support of the agency (develop story, write interview questions and scripts, coordinate video shoots, partner with videographer to edit footage, and utilize footage in diverse ways to maximize exposure);
- Research, analyze, and prepare reports and performance metrics on brand awareness, communication effectiveness, and donor responsiveness;
- Perform special projects or additional duties, as assigned.
Core Competencies identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for workers to perform the job successfully.
- Leadership style that demonstrates team orientation, confidence, business savvy, maturity, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong writer and editor, experienced at scripting executive leadership and making presentations to groups of all sizes.
- Professional and regular use of social media and other digital marketing tools.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, highly collaborative, and mutually respectful environment.
- Ability to develop and sustain positive, long-term, trust-based relationships with internal and external audiences at all levels.
- Innovative and critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and work persuasively with colleagues.
- Passion about the work, coupled with strong work ethic.
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to the specific vision and mission of FamilyForward.
- Strong project management skills and initiative coupled with the ability to handle multiple and varying tasks with associated deadlines.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one or to groups, and respond to questions from leadership, clients, customers, the public, and other employees of the agency.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or relevant field.
- Minimum five years of hands-on experience in management of communications, marketing, or public relations, with a successful track record of communicating complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to merge, create reports, and link worksheets and data.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Extensive experience with HTML, WordPress, and email marketing programs, as well as an in-depth understanding of the effective use of digital media.
As directed by the Chief Development Officer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee will frequently be required to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. (Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%)
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Supervises: Part-Time Graphic Designer and Part-Time Copywriter
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Jessica Dederer, MHA
Chief Development Officer