Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Collaborative
Resumes are considered on a rolling basis, priority to resumes received by January 5, 2023.
About MOVE and MOVE Action
The Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Collaborative (MOVE) is a nonpartisan hub providing strategic and technical support for grassroots organizing groups committed to voter engagement. MOVE’s role is behind-the-scenes, supporting existing movement organizations in developing and executing strategic integrated voter engagement plans. In doing so, MOVE coordinates the largest volunteer-led 501c3 integrated voter engagement program in Missouri.
Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Action (MOVE Action) fills one of the most significant gaps in Missouri’s progressive movement – providing a c4 data hub and coordinating backbone for organizations committed to 1) winning on major progressive campaigns in any given cycle and 2) building long-haul power towards political transformation in Missouri. Working through member organizations, we are building independent political power that drives integrated voter engagement programs across strategic regions and constituencies in Missouri to win on progressive ballot issues and priority campaigns.
This role will support both organizations.
About the Position
In the August and November 2024 elections, MOVE (Action) and other progressive organizations will advance a large-scale centralized GOTV program in four to eight regional hubs across Missouri for 15 days before Election Day.
The GOTV Coordinator will manage 4-10 regional leads charged with building infrastructure to organize grassroots and progressive organizations, mobilize thousands of volunteers, and ultimately increase turnout among targeted voters. The GOTV Coordinator will also work closely with other MOVE Action staff to ensure alignment with campaign-specific deliverables, organize organizational-level commitment, design and execute training, and develop systems and processes for program tracking and assessment. The GOTV Coordinator will report to the Program Director.
- Support the development of a plan for large-scale coalitional GOTV field infrastructure in 4-10 regions of Missouri during the August primary and November general elections.
- Manage 4-10 regional leads in running a powerful and effective GOTV office that maximizes impact and volunteer experience and holding weekly and daily accountability meetings to ensure metric goals are met.
- Support the recruitment of key institutional partners to fill GOTV infrastructure roles and set goals to recruit large numbers of volunteers.
- Manage reporting on coalition partner progress to goals to advance accountability and inform funding decisions
- Work with other MOVE Action staff to develop recruitment, training, and onboarding plans for roles within GOTV infrastructure, including regional leads, site leads, volunteer trainers, data leads, canvass leads, etc.
- As a part of development, provide individualized training and coaching (including shadowing) for key infrastructure roles, including 4-8 direct reports
- Support processes for regional collaboration and shared training events
- Work with the Campaigns and Alignment Director to make sure scripts, universes, and training are grounded in most current campaign research and analysis
- Participate in lead staff update calls for partner organizations, keeping them informed of program progress and any campaign developments that would shift goals and advancing collaborative accountability
- Support collaboration, as needed, between vendors and grassroots infrastructure
- Regularly engage in field activities to better understand program and ground support
- Work with MOVE Action staff to build and run systems and processes to assess progress towards outcomes during field implementation
- Other duties as needed
- Demonstrated capacity to run a voter engagement program
- Minimum of two cycles working in field/organizing. Experience with grassroots voter engagement is a plus
- Experience managing staff or interns, experience managing a coalition a plus
- High levels of organization and task management
- Nimble and comfortable adapting to change
- Must respect and believe in the power of grassroots organizations and their bases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in VAN
- Ability to manage a multi-leveled accountability structure for organizing program
- Must have a driver’s license, valid auto insurance, reliable transportation, and personal cell phone
- Ability to travel frequently and work nights and weekends
- Discretion and political acumen
Flexible within Missouri, though regular travel to Kansas City, St. Louis, and mid-Missouri locations will be required.
$5,500-$6,500/month based on experience.
This is a full-time, exempt, temporary position from March through December 2024.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to MOVEHiring@MOVEMO.org.
MOVE Action believes that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.