Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri is a growing organization and always focused on taking the best care of its many constituents. It is the 6th largest affiliate in the nation and for over 6 years been the leader in quality service. It focuses its services on youth ages 5-25. Our Mission: We build trusting and enduring relationships that encourage and support young people
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary purposes of this position are to contribute to the agency’s fundraising goals by leading the grant proposal development process and contributing to other fund development initiatives. The position supports post-award grants management, reporting, and compliance AND collaborates with internal and external stakeholders – staff, funding partners, community organizations – to support the sustainability and advancement of the agency. Requires strong writing, data analysis, project management, communication skills, with an emphasis on outcome measurement.
To apply go to: https://www.bbbsemo.org/about/careers/
Core Job Responsibilities
Trusts, Foundations, and Corporations:
- Ensure writing is in alignment with all funders’ focus areas.
- Maintain and build relationships with funders and other strategic partners on a local, state, and national level.
- Maintain a master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence.
- Facilitate grant contracts/agreements.
- Oversee Government grant renewals with the goal to receive 95% of the previous year’s funding.
- Complete YOP and/or NAP proposals to ensure maximum allocation of state tax credits.
- Maintain accounts for 30+ funder portals (i.e. passwords, logins information, uploads, etc.)
- Partner with agency leaders to ensure compliance in progress reports and targeted program updates to funders that fully capture programmatic success.
- Assemble all necessary supporting materials and documents including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories, etc.
- Researching statistics, trends and data for grant proposals and proposed grant outcomes
- Research prospective funders to grow revenue stream and secure new funding for the agency.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years relevant experience of work with administration, grant writing, grants management or fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including the ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with donor development software systems a plus.
- Familiarity and experience working with national, governmental and Missouri State funders a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Experience working with all levels; ability to prepare and present to senior teams and Board of Directors as well as working with major donors, corporate CEOs, and government officials.
- Strong project planning and management skills; able to manage multiple key projects/grants simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Strong solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with a variety of staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to teach and respond to others’ needs.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Technology/computer skills needed. Proficient in the following platforms:
- MS Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, & Teams); Outlook and Zoom.
- Experience using data management systems is required. Must have comfort with learning new cloud-based applications.
- Flexible work hours to meet the needs of team members, schools, and community partners, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri Agency Values:
- We Center Youth (the Individual and their Family)
- We Progress and Grow Intentionally
- We Cultivate Belongingness
- We Commit to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Principles
Typical Profile of a Big Brothers Big Sisters Team Member:
- Someone who knows how to make things happen.
- A thinker who can participate in a team environment to create and execute on new projects and goals.
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to work hard.
Someone who understands what it means to “take ownership” and run with it.
- A planner who can map out the steps to success and follow through.
- Someone who is adaptable and quick on their feet.
- Someone who is curious – always on the lookout for the next opportunity, to create and/or improve.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
- Immediate and 100% employer-paid coverage on employee health and dental insurance.
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance following the first ninety days of employment.
- 401(k)-3% match per year following first year of employment.
- .625 cents reimbursement on business miles and 100% of out-of-office parking for business meetings, etc.
- Employer paid daily parking in covered garage.
- After 90 days staff will receive 5 days of paid vacation and 10 days of paid vacation after one year of service.
- Accrue 1 day per month of sick leave (can also be used for family illnesses)-can carry up to 30 days of sick leave.
- 2 personal days per year following the first ninety days of employment.
- Annual raises based on performance, culture and agency’s ability.
11 paid holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSEMO provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
www.bbbsemo.com – Find on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @bbbsemo.
To apply go to: https://www.bbbsemo.org/about/careers/