The Government Grants Manager is a pivotal member of Unleashing Potential’s Team and is responsible for writing and securing local, state and federal government grants. This includes working with program management to complete reporting requirements and ensuring contractual grant obligations are met. Responsible for maintaining necessary government funding access authorizations and nurturing relational partnerships with various stakeholders (i.e. government officials, associated authorities, committees) critical to securing government funding. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Develop grant budgets inclusive of direct and indirect programmatic and operational costs
- Prioritize government grant opportunities based on alignment with deadlines, agency priorities and potential impact.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of the organization’s needs in order to lead the creation and submission of compelling governmental grant proposals, ensuring they meet all requirements and deadlines (i.e. 21st Century, SAC, MHB, ARPA, NAP, YOP, New Market Tax Credits, etc.)
- Collaborate with development team, finance, and programs to gather information and data for proposals
- Diligently research and identify new grant opportunities that align with the organization’s focus areas.
- Evaluate grant guidelines and requirements to determine sustainability, suitability and eligibility.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive government funding program, including a schedule of targeted requests for local, state and federal allocations
- Build relationships with city, state and local legislators, positioning UP as an industry leader for children and families
- Articulate issues of importance for UP’s mission before local, state, and federal legislation.
- Maintain government grant renewal requirements (SAM’s, No Tax Due, etc.)
- Work in tandem with program leadership to represent Unleashing Potential and its mission in various Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Out of School (OST) time community groups (i.e. Gateway Alliance and WEPower)
- Create a working relationship with city and state forums focusing on child well being (i.e. DESE, MASN, St. Louis City’s Dept. of Children Youth and Families and MO Coalition for Children)
- Organize UP’s participation in statewide events emphasizing ECE and OST (i.e. Child Advocacy Day at the capitol)
- Serve as a leading contributor to UP’s Program/Policy board committee
- Identify and track performance metrics to measure ROI of campaigns.
- Oversee NAP and YOP State Tax Credit Programs
Education/Job Experience/Other Qualifications:
- BS/BA or equivalent, with five or more years of development experience
- Minimum of one year experience writing government grants required
- Proven experience in cultivating government relationships at the local, state, and federal levels
- Strong grant writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel to locations outside St. Louis
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Unleashing Potential is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click on this link to apply: Government Grants Manager