The Oasis Institute
What is Oasis?
Oasis is a national not-for-profit organization promoting healthy aging in and empowering the lives of older adults through lifelong learning, fitness and health education, and volunteer opportunities. Our national office is located in St. Louis, Missouri and we offer programs in more than 200 communities across the country through a national network of over 800 partners in 33 states. The national office operates an annual $4-$5 million budget and additionally serves select administrative needs of Oasis Centers across the country.
Oasis seeks to hire an experienced, high energy, Grant Accountant to assume responsibility for post award grant accounting, ensuring compliance with funding source guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate and timely submission of financial reports, and orderly closure of projects. This position performs grant accounting and budgeting activities for The OASIS Institute (the national office), one supporting organization, and other OASIS Network locations. This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
· Performs the accounting functions related to grants/restricted and unrestricted funding of OASIS business lines including:
– Assisting program managers in the financial reporting and other administrative requirements of their grants/contracts and Memorandum of Agreements.
– Monitoring/tracking the status of each project through its life cycle; and
– If applicable, preparing, reviewing, and coordinating Single Audit work.
· Prepares, reviews and advises on all accounting entries related to projects (unrestricted and restricted funds).
· Prepares invoices/billings and draws down funds for the support of restricted fund expenditures.
· Prepares all applicable fiscal reports for funded projects and ensures the timely submission thereof.
· Attends professional development training and stays abreast of the Office of Management and Budget Circulars and their applicability to grants management related to the Uniform Guidance.
· Assists with the organization’s preparation for its annual Single Audit.
· Assists in the closing of Oasis’ fiscal year end books as needed.
· Assists with pre-award grant proposal budget preparation as needed.
· Directly consults with all stakeholders (program managers, accounting staff, funder contacts, etc.) concerning the grant funded programs and other restricted accounts as they relate to financial administration of grants. This includes interpreting federal requirements and granting agency guidelines of such grants.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Works with minimal supervision.
· Works as an effective member of the OASIS Accounting Department team.
· Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
· Manages time well and follows through on commitments.
· Willingly adapts to new work demands and new work roles.
· Separates critical issues from inconsequential ones when problem-solving.
· Seeks and uses feedback.
· Organize and maintain key records/documents.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
· Knowledge of personal computer-based applications including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); expert user of Microsoft Excel.
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
· Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles and best practices.
· Demonstrates understanding and/or knowledge of Uniform Guidance and other federal regulations in the context of federal grants and contracts.
· Experience with accounting for non-profit entities.
· Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge NXT.
· Experience managing client response to audits.
Health, Dental and Life Insurance
401(k) w/ Employer match
Defined Benefit Pension Plan (vested after 5 years)
Opportunity to work from home and in-office
To apply, cover letters and resume’s should be forwarded to email@example.com.