LASE Specialized Education
Title: Development Manager
Employment Type, Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
The Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of LASE Specialized Education’s fundraising, marketing and public relations efforts. This includes major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. The Development Manager works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and committees in all to achieve the objectives.
Who we are: LASE Specialized Education is an organization that provides special education services for Lutheran Schools in the St. Louis metropolitan area. Our mission is to provide Christ-centric education to students with unique learning needs (not just those that qualify for public school assistance) so they can grow academically, socially and spiritually. We accomplish this by providing special education, consultation, speech/language services and other assistance programs that are customized for the schools we serve.
LASE Benefits; We offer a rich healthcare benefits package (with no cost to employees); generous retirement (8.7%) and disability plan.
A. Fund Development
· Develop and implement a resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including individuals, faith communities, foundations and corporations.
· Develop and implement an individual giving program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
· Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
· Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor development mailings including appeal letters and annual report mailings.
· Build collaborative partnerships within the community in order to further the mission of LASE Specialized Education.
· Develop a yearly grant calendar and oversee grant opportunities including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
· Oversee and manage fundraising database and tracking systems
· Develop and maintain gift recognition programs
· Other duties as assigned.
B. Marketing/Public Relations
· Develop and implement an annual marketing plan in conjunction with strategic plan for constituent groups including parents, schools, donors and potential volunteers.
· Promote LASE through various media (including, but not limited to, LASE website, social media, and e-newsletters.
· Design, coordinate, and produce LASE marketing materials including newsletters and annual report.
· Design, coordinate and produce invitations and other publications for special events.
C. Special Events
· Coordinate and execute fundraising events. Currently that includes; a Golf Tournament in July, and Women’s Brunch and Auction in November.
· Acquire and maintain corporate and personal event sponsorships
· Recruit and lead volunteer committees
· Serve as Volunteer Manager. Recruit, train and manage volunteers for events, mailings and plan recognition activities.
· Must embrace the mission, values and behaviors expected of LASE Specialized Education
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly individual and major gift fundraising
· Have the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers
· Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
· Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
· Is innovative and strategic
· Efficient and resourceful
· Flexible and adaptable
· Exceptional computer skills
· Professionalism and strong oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience
· A Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in fundraising, marketing or related field
· Proficiency in Microsoft office
· Well organized, with an exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively
· Knowledge of non-profits and grants management (preferred)
· Experience in e-tapestry (Blackbaud) preferred but not required
· Full time
· M-F Days and hours of work are 7:30 – 4:00pm
· Collaborative environment
· Good work/life balance
· Remote 1 day per week
· Background check
· Reference checks
Please submit cover letter and resume to Jackie.email@example.com
For more information about our ministry please log onto:
No phone calls please