Rung for Women
Job Title: Director of Member Engagement
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Department: Member Development
Reports To: Vice President of Member Development
Location: Rung St. Louis
Schedule: Varies; will include evenings and weekends
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000
Description of Organization:
Rung for Women is comprised of a team of passionate and enthusiastic individuals who are committed to inspiring women to climb the economic ladder. We envision a world where all women can lead equitable and abundant lives. Our program offers professional and personal development opportunities, along with a supportive community, for women who want to earn more money and overcome the systemic economic, social and health barriers to wealth creation.
We believe in unlocking potential and possibilities in our staff and Members (program participants). We leverage a strengths-based coaching model to build our Members’ capacity for goal setting and problem solving, along with financial education, power skills development, and pathways to middle-skill career pathways that offer a thriving wage. Currently, Rung focuses on career pathways in the technology, geospatial, and advanced manufacturing industries. Rung partners with employers and training partners, who offer a fast-track to career launch though short-term industry-specific training, on-the-job training, and apprenticeships. At the same time, Rung Members gain access a community of like-minded women, health and wellness amenities, and child-care to support them in achieving their goals.
Since our launch March of 2021, more than 300 women have begun a journey with Rung, many of whom have completed career training and coaching and have achieved better employment opportunities.
Our staff are:
· Passionate about Rung’s vision & mission
· Effective communicators
· Have a growth mindset and high EQ
Position summary: This position is responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of all aspects of Rung’s Member Recruitment, Admissions, and Experience throughout the Career Foundations Process. The Director of Member Engagement leads a dynamic team in collaboration with other departments to achieve Rung’s organizational goals. If you love making connections with people, motivating, driving toward results by engaging in the commitment and buy-in of others them to achieve results, and thrive on dynamic variety in your day, then this position is for you.
How you’ll help Rung achieve our vision: The Director of Member Engagement is responsible for ensuring quality candidates transition through Rung’s Career Foundation to the Member Success Network by curating a seamless, high-quality experience that supports Member’s ability to persist through programming.
What you will do:
Lead the strategic direction and objectives of Member recruitment.
o Identify the strategic direction and objectives to convert interest into applications.
o Oversight, coordination, and management of all Recruitment Specialist and execution of recruitment events.
o Establish Relationships with Community Partners
o Collaborate with Director of Marketing to develop a social media strategy to target high-potential candidates.
o Represent Rung at various events in the community.
Manage Admissions and Enrollment
o Develop strategic goals, timeline, and actions to achieve target enrollment.
o Coordinate information sessions, events, and tours of interested women to learn more about opportunities and requirements of Rung’s career tracks.
o Manage the admission process from inquiry to integration into the Membership overseeing all steps throughout the admission process.
o Manage reenrollment inquiries.
o Ensure the admissions process operates with excellence and equity.
o Oversight and management of New Member Orientation and Onboarding
o Maintain accurate records, data, and reports documenting the admissions process and progress toward annual goals; review periodically to identify trends, challenges, and areas of improvement.
o Ensure accuracy of member data and status in Salesforce data system; provide membership reporting as needed.
Member Engagement and Retention
o Develop and implement strategies to retain members by curating member social events and celebratory opportunities.
o Analyze marketing and enrollment reports to monitor progress towards enrollment goals. Make data driven decisions to ensure enrollment goals are met.
o Manage regular communication and engagement with members who complete the Member Development Process to capture outcomes and eligibility for the Member Success Network.
o Develop, update, and implement policies and procedures, ensuring that they are in alignment with other teams/department needs.
Lead a dynamic team.
o Oversee activities of the Recruitment Specialist and Admissions Specialist
o The position is responsible for hiring, orienting, GROW Performance coaching, supervising and evaluation of Recruitment and Admissions staff.
o Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
General Program Support
o Participate in cross-functional teams to provide pipeline updates and ensure successful execution of program and achievement of organizational goals.
o Administer surveys and collect data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment events and admission activities.
o Enter data, manage reports, and ensure data integrity within Rung’s Salesforce database.
o Monitor, analyze and manage department budget and financial expenditures.
o Assist other departments as needed.
o This position will require working at least on average 5-7 evenings per enrollment period (over a 2–3-month period, twice a year) and additional occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
o This position is expected to support additional organizational events onsite and offsite, as needed.
o While this salaried position may occasionally require work beyond 40 hours per week, a flexible schedule is allowed to adjust for extended days, as needed.
What you need to bring us:
· Passion for Rung’s vision & mission
· Demonstrated experience in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Previous coaching, leadership, and career development experience
· Previous experience and demonstrated comfort in facilitating groups.
· Ability to make connections with, motivate, and inspire others to achieve results.
· Empathetic communication style
· People- and relationship-orientation
· Comfort with using data to assess Member progress, setting priorities, and making modifications to encourage successful outcome attainment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Familiarity with CRM systems (particularly Salesforce) preferred.
Why Rung for Women?
Rung for Women knows that our success is the result of attracting, retaining, and investing in high caliber staff who have a passion for our vision and mission. When you thrive, Rung thrives. We therefore offer a competitive array of benefits, including:
· Comprehensive Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision (majority of the cost for employees is paid by Rung) plus short- and long-term disability insurance (fully paid by Rung)
· Retirement: dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% of the employee’s annual salary
· Paid Time Off: Up to three weeks of vacation, 1 week off at end of December, 1 week of sick time, 20 hours of volunteer time, and 9 holidays each year
· Flexibility: flexible work schedule to adjust for longer workdays. A minimum of three or more workdays required in the office; remote work may be allowed for up to two days per week.
· Paid personal and family leave: up to 12 weeks paid time off annually for the birth of your child or to respond to your own serious illness; up to 2 weeks to respond to a loved-one’s illness.
· Cell Phone Reimbursement: up to $75 monthly
· Professional Development: up to $2,000 annually to further your professional development, plus monthly professional development in-services.
· Team Building: organized activities throughout the year for departments and all staff to build a strong staff community.
Rung for Women is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
Interested candidates should complete the following steps by Monday, January 29th at 5:00pm CST:
1. Predictive Index Assessment https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/6KH/0d8cb3a3-77e6-4be8-a4ea-4cb1f6b4552f?type=candidateba (5-7 minutes)
2. Submit your resume and cover letter to Rung for Women at Careers@rungforwomen.org
The hiring manager will review applications as they are received and determine which candidates are a good fit for the position; eligible candidates will be invited to an initial interview. Finalists will be informed of the next phase of the interviewing process.
All applicants will be informed of their application status.