Seed St. Louis
Join the Growth of Seed St. Louis and Cultivate Change
Impact food access across the region by helping us build a new food demonstration garden and mission center. Be part of something bigger.
Position:Data and Operations Coordinator
Classification: Nonexempt, Hourly
Wage and Benefits: $20 – $25 per hour (based on experience)
May qualify for some benefits including health and dental insurance, retirement savings, paid holidays, and PTO
Position Type: Part-time (approximately 30 hours per week)
Expected Hours of Work: Generally between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM for four days a week.
Occasional hybrid/work-from-home hours (approx. 1 day per week)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
This position assists in database management, accounting entries, donor letters, and overall office coordination. They will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and are key member of the Operations Team. They will also work closely with the Chief Programs Officer and Development Team on the coordination of program data needed for grant applications.
- Primary coordinator of the organization’s VistaShare database, inputting and ensuring proper organization of key financial, donor, and program data
- Work closely with program and development staff to ensure the information in the database is accurate and up-to-date
- Assist in the organization’s accounting and bookkeeping by entering data into Quickbooks; processing invoices, bank deposits, and payments
- Work with vendors and partners to ensure prompt payment of invoices and lead follow-up on delinquent payments
- Coordinate office operations by:
-Ordering, receiving, and organizing supplies
-Organize incoming and outgoing mail and shipments
-Monitor general e-mail inbox
-Manage Google business suite for the organization
-Work with property managers to resolve facility issues
-Manage relationships with telecommunications and office equipment vendors (IT, copier, postage machine, etc.)
-Assist in the planning of company meetings by securing space, ordering food, printing and collating meeting materials
- Run reports as needed from Vistashare and Quickbooks to assist in grant proposals, grant reporting, and financial reporting
- Assist in onboarding of new employees, and help COO in management of employee files and coordination of HR-related information
- Draft and mail donor acknowledgment letters
- Assist development staff in the execution of fundraising appeal mailings
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Prior experience in the areas of database management, accounting, office management, or development assistance is strongly preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with vendors
- Ability to prioritize competing prioritize
- Solid customer service, phone, e-mail, and in-person communication skills; Ability to deal with people in a sensitive and tactful manner
- Ability to sit at desk for extended periods of time, and able to move about the office for various clerical and organizational tasks
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. (office equipment, copier paper boxes, etc)
- Requires the ability to make and receive frequent phone calls
Expected Start Date: February/March 2023
Seed St. Louis
Mission: To empower people and communities to grow food
Vision: Equitable access to fresh healthy food throughout the St. Louis region
Purpose: To provide the community with the education, resources, and a network to grow their own food
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must complete a Missouri State Highway Patrol Background Check
Seed St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Seed St. Louis is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Data and Operations Coordinator and your name. Please do not call regarding this open position.
Please visit www.seedstl.org to learn more about our organization.
Seed St. Louis
5501 Delmar Blvd. Suite B270
St. Louis, MO 63112