Megan Meier Foundation
Tina Meier founded the Megan Meier Foundation in 2007 after her daughter Megan took her own life following a cruel cyberbullying hoax by an adult neighbor posing as a fictitious boy on MySpace.
Since its inception, the foundation has grown into a global bullying, cyberbullying, and suicide prevention foundation. Through education, prevention, and intervention, we support and inspire actions to end bullying, cyberbullying, and suicide.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DATA & BUSINESS COORDINATOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data and Business Coordinator is a vital part of the MMF team. This role, while heavily administrative, is responsible for several key duties and works closely with the Executive Director and leadership team. This role will also interact with donors, vendors, and others who are important to the organization and will need to be reliable, timely, and friendly. This position will support the Executive Director and staff by providing financial, operational, and human resources functions as assigned.
Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Enter and reconcile cash, check, and credit card deposits.
- Manage restricted and pass-through contributions.
- Manage all aspects of deposits (file deposit slips, deliver deposit to bank)
- Generate and distribute pledge reminders.
- Process and print check requests and ensure signed by ED.
- Mail checks
- Coordinate vendor expenses
- General ledger entries as necessary
- Support the ED and Accountants reconciliations, annual audit preparation, payroll, and benefit administration, quarterly taxes, and other projects.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Prepare financial reports for the ED and Finance Committee
- Update and Manage accounting notes for explanation purposes.
- Provide requested data to tax preparers in a timely fashion.
- Issue 1099s at end of year according to tax requirements
- Coordinate and maintain all files, data, and records organization and storage for the development and finance departments.
- Ensure all donations are accurately entered into accounting software.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date constituent records.
- Prepare and send donor constituent correspondence, such as thank-you letters, e-blasts, and targeted mailings.
- Assist the development team with donor correspondence, reporting, and other tasks as needed.
- Generate lists, reports, and spreadsheets for donor reports, mailing, financial tracking, and benchmarking.
- Complete matching donation forms and processes
- Create individual year-end acknowledgment of donations.
- Act as a communication liaison for the leadership staff, managing calendars, providing phone and email support, and assisting with various administrative tasks.
- Support all development activities, including occasional special events that may take place outside regular business hours.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Organize and complete tasks efficiently, managing time and priorities according to the team and agency needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding sensitive information and daily activities.
- Collaborative – A team player who fosters meaningful relationships, identifies strengths, and seeks consensus around mutual goals.
- Compassionate – Displaying kindness, caring, and understanding towards others.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and respond to sensitive inquiries with care.
- Reasoning – Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills, using independent judgment to recommend and implement solutions.
- Reliable – Demonstrates integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency in delivering high-quality service and handling multiple tasks and timelines.
- Flexible – Adaptable in a dynamic environment, capable of managing multiple priorities as part of a lean team.
- Associate degree from a two-year college or technical school, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, with at least one year of related field experience.
- Experience with non-profit is not required but is considered valuable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Basic mathematical skills to interpret financial reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Experience using donor management systems, such as Bloomerang, and other data management systems a plus
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Valid MO driver’s license with a clean record and regular access to a vehicle.
- Candidates must go through a background check after a conditional offer is made.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here represent those that all MMF employees must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The employee must be able to walk up and down 15 to 20 stairs several times a day.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move boxes or program materials up to 50 pounds each.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required in order to perform the work.
Megan Meier Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Salary Range: $21 – $23/hour depending on experience
- Typical Hours: Monday-Friday 9 am – 4 pm
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Casual work environment with a relaxed dress code
- This position DOES NOT provide medical, dental, or life insurance
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Data and Business Coordinator and your name. Please do not call regarding this open position.