KEEN St. Louis
KEEN is a national, volunteer-led, non-profit organization that provides one-to-one recreational opportunities for children and youth with cognitive and physical disabilities at no cost to their families and caregivers. The part-time Development Manager for KEEN St. Louis is responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies. This includes securing funds from corporations, foundations, grants, and individual donors in addition to managing special fundraising projects. This position reports to the President of the Board of Directors and ensures long-term viability of the organization while furthering the KEEN St. Louis mission.
- Develop strategic short- and long-term fundraising goals with the KEEN St. Louis team.
- Identify sponsors, donors, and grantors based on goal alignment to secure funding and partnership opportunities.
- Manage sponsor, donor, and grantor outreach and communication via the submission of grant applications, reports, organizational and project specific budgets, and solicitation communication as reviewed by the President of the Board.
- Develop and maintain annual grant proposal calendar for timely submission of all proposals, grant reporting and other information requested by funders.
- Prepare and submit accountability reports as required by funders.
- Manage online giving campaigns, including but not limited to Give STL Day, Giving Tuesday, and end of year appeal.
- Oversee donor stewardship including ongoing conversations about KEEN and its needs.
- Oversee fundraising events, including preparing and managing event budgets, contracts, and vendor services and procurement of sponsorships. Design “fund-a-mission” message and manage event.
- Research/recommend strategies for unique events and increasing individual giving campaign.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of donor files in donor database.
- Communicate with accountant to assure proper recording of all revenue/expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising with a proven record in grant writing and securing individual gifts.
- Enthusiastic part of team working towards the mission of KEEN St. Louis
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills as well as relationship development and logistical execution of events.
- Experience working with various constituencies: staff, board members, volunteers, donors, corporate and foundation representatives, and volunteers of diverse faith backgrounds, etc.
- Flexibility to work from home; may include occasional evening and weekends
Compensation: $20 per hour for 10 hours per week. This position is not benefits-eligible.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Kristen Kremer, email@example.com.
KEEN St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit https://www.keenstlouis.org/ to learn more about our organization.